Chapter 74: BROKEN SPIRIT

Graduation Exam (Part Four)

Junko: "You guys chose to be instigators and you were willingly taken into the Neo World Program. To provide the opportunity I needed to push this battle between hope and despair into overtime. That's right! The reason the Ultimate Despairs began killing each other was set up by the group itself!"

Makoto: "T-That's just your imagination!"

Junko (Cutesy): "Aw, naive Makoto totally fell for the trap, and now your face is filled with a lovely shade of despair."

Junko (Insane): "Well, that despair is fucking obvious! You're here to rescue the assholes who set this up in the first place!"

Fuyuhiko: "D-Don't go blaming us for this!"

Junko (Cutesy): "Thank you! It's all thanks to you guys! This time around, I might be able to fill these guys with despair!"

Kyoko: "We do not feel despair. Even if this was all a trap, we will never regret coming here."

Byakuya: "And... this is the only thing we could do to stop you. But nevertheless, it's all over. We will shut you down and end all of this."

Junko (Insane): "You're pretty fucking desperate! Well... that's pretty fucking obvious! If these chumps don't initiate the shutdown, you Future Foundation fuckwits are gonna be trapped here forever!"

Hajime: "T-Trapped? Why would that happen?" Believing that we've seen the last of Monokuma was a mistake, because Junko was now holding Monokuma in her hands and talking while she covered her face with his plushie body.

Junko (Monokuma): "Puhuhuhuhuhu! Didn't I already explain it? You know, the graduation exam rule? In order to pass the graduation exam, there was one specific requirement."

Hajime: "...As I recall... we also need the teacher's final decision."

Junko (Monokuma): "Obviously, there's no way I'd let the members of the Future Foundation graduate. So if you can't activate the shutdown, they'll enter the endless life of repeating the grade!"

Byakuya: "Hmph, that's only if the shutdown sequence doesn't activate, right?"

Kyoko: "But that's impossible. Everyone here understands how dangerous it is to release you into the real world."

Sonia: "W-We know that... all too well."

Akane: "I mean... she's been badmouthing us this whole time."

Junko: "Oh?"

Kyoko: "Looks like you shouldn't've talked so much. Out of the mouth comes evil, as they say."

Makoto: "It's true that we fell for this trap, and that we run the risk of not being able to go back... but what's wrong with that!? Thinking we'd back down because of something like that is a huge mistake!"