Chapter 47: LOST IN THOUGHT

Investigation of the Fourth Case (Part One)

*Ding dong dong ding*

Monokuma: "A body has been discovered! Now then, after a certain amount of time has passed, the class trial will begin!"

A violent shiver coursed through Hajime's body. His heart began to pound faster and faster, and he could feel the blood in his head pulsating intensely. His teeth were chattering with horror.

Hajime: "W-What the hell... is this!?" When he was finally able to speak, his voice sounded so small he could barely hear it himself. "Why... why is this... happening? It's... so strange. He finally... he finally came back to us." If this was a nightmare, Hajime really wanted to wake up right now. He couldn't think of any other way to describe it.

Sonia: "N-Nekomaru? No... this is a lie, right?" In that moment, the hunger everyone was feeling somehow was replaced with shock, anger, and fear. 

Chiaki: "Based on our situation, and the body discovery announcement... it's unfortunate, but... there's no doubt that another killing has happened."

Chiaki was feeling depressed from the scene in front of her, Sonia was on the verge of tears, and Hajime was beyond angry. He was so pissed off that he went over to the side of the tower and placed his palm against the wall while he stared at the floor, he was trying to regain control of his breathing, and he was worried that being frustrated would lead to him doing something he'll end up regretting.

Hajime: "Why?" As usual, that was the only word he could squeeze out.

Akane: "Hey, what happened!?" Akane must've heard the body discovery announcement from upstairs and quickly made her way to the tower, but seeing the one who was killed caused all the colour on her face to fade away.

Hajime: 'A-Akane...' Without hesitation, Akane walked up to Nekomaru's robot body, fell to her knees, and picked up Nekomaru's head. It looked like he was mutilated, his right leg and arm were separated from his body, and so was his head. Instead of blood, Nekomaru's body was leaking some kind of blue fluid, something that Akane didn't care about as she looked at the head of her friend/coach.

Akane: "Why? Why is Nekomaru... why did he have to die... again?" As much as Hajime wanted to comfort her, he knew that it'll probably be pointless at this point, she looked like she didn't want to be touched or talked to right now. "Dammit... I never paid you back. I never paid you back... for your help last time!" And that was when she let her tears shed, reminding the others of when she was infected with the Despair Disease. She's always able to stay strong in certain situations, but everyone breaks down eventually.

Sonia: "T-This... is just too much. Why... why did Nekomaru have to die? Though his appearance was drastically altered... he still came back to us."

Chiaki: "Why? Why... does this always happen? No matter how much I try to stop it, this is always the result... is this something I can't stop?"

Akane: "Hey, Nekomaru got killed, right? That announcement... means what I think it means, right? Hey, who did it!? Who killed Nekomaru!?" Akane was still crying, but that didn't stop her from letting out her anger and frustration. 

Monokuma: "Looks like someone is finally pumped up." Right on que, as usual. Monokuma appears with the Monokuma Files in his possession, but also something else wrapped in a blanket.

Akane: "Y-You! Hey, you know who did it, right!? Who killed Nekomaru!?"

Monokuma: "Don't get mad at me all of a sudden! In fact, I'm the one who should be mad! I went to a lot of trouble to bring Nekomaru back from the dead, and he already let the killer break him! How disappointingly foolish... maybe he had a few screws loose? You know, because he's a robot!"