Chapter 35: MOMENT OF SILENCE

Out of the blue, a hazy scene began to take shape. From the depths of Hajime's consciousness, it slowly took its time. Hazily, like watercolour paints suspended in water, Hajime somehow found himself in a classroom from somewhere. This scene wasn't unfamiliar to him, he's been here before, but he had no idea where. He could hear voices, a handful of people around him were talking.

Male Student #1: "...Did you hear? Isn't it amazing? Apparently, he's been accepted into Hope's Peak Academy..."

Female Student #1: "But was he 'that' exceptional?" Hajime felt like he couldn't move, he was sitting at a desk and was forced to hear the people around him talk. But their voices were loud enough for him to hear them, it was almost as if they were being loud on purpose. He was dully staring out the window, pretending not to listen. He didn't want to listen, but even if he didn't want to listen, the 'noises' leaped into his ears.

Male Student #1: "Huh? You don't know?"

Female Student #1: "Heh? Know what?"

Male Student #1: "Apparently, you don't have to be exceptional to get into Hope's Peak Academy."

Female Student #1: "But... it's an academy that recruits only exceptional students from around the world, right?" Hajime wanted to cover his ears, he wanted to run, to the place he deserved to be, any place but here. To a place where he could be more confident.

Female Student #2: "Wow... I never knew that way was possible... so he's the same too?"

Male Student #1: "Obviously. I mean, he doesn't have any special talents that Hope's Peak Academy would be interested in. He's... just a normal guy who can be found anywhere."

Hajime: 'That way was possible? What are they talking about?'

Female Student #1: "Well, admiring the academy is free, but it must be tough for the parents who have to write the check."

Hajime: 'Leave me alone... I just... I just want to become someone who's confident in myself. What am I experiencing right now? Are they really talking about me? And if they are... why can't I remember? Who am I?' Hajime's head was just full of questions, but he didn't get a single answer as everything around him faded to black.

===========Transition===========

Hajime: 'Hmm?' His eyes were only slightly open, but he could tell that it was now morning. Whatever happened in that classroom, it would appear that all that he saw was only in his head. A dream, that was the only explanation he had. 'I don't know why... but for some reason, my body feels heavy. No, not just heavy... it's somewhat soft and... really hot... wait a minute!' Once his eyes were fully open, he was now able to see the person laying on top of him. Mikan was in his cottage, and in his bed, and holding his head while she slept, just like before in the hospital. "I-I can't believe it!"

Mikan: "Hee-hee, ngh..." He tried to get away from her, but all that did was make her hold on to him tighter, and that meant bringing his head into her chest. "N-No, stop... you're tickling me..."

Hajime: "Ugh... Mikan... again!? H-Hurry up... and move. I... I... I can't breath!" With his face being smothered, all he could do was shout as loud as he could. But since his voice was muffled, Mikan couldn't hear him, and his pleas went unnoticed as he passed out. "..."

Mikan: "Mmm... you've stopped moving... zzz... now I can finally relax and sleep... wait, huh?" Mikan stopped sleeping and saw that Hajime was completely out of it, she loosened her grip on him and panicked like she did before. "AAHH!!! Cyanosis again! Ha-wa-wa! Hajime's gone limp! Please get ahold of yourself!" Much like last time, Mikan positioned herself on Hajime's lap while shaking him as she held on to his shoulders.