Chapter 11: MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT

First Class Trial (Part One)

Monokuma: "Now then, let's begin with a simple explanation of the class trial. During the class trial, you will present your arguments for who the killer is, and vote for who done it. If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone BESIDES the blackened, and that person will earn the right to leave this island!"

Monomi: "S-Such a cruel rule!" Instead of sitting down like Monokuma or standing like her students, Monomi was tied up and hanging from the ceiling. Monokuma was using very strong rope, he most likely didn't want her to try and interfere.

Nagito: "Before we begin, I'd like to confirm one thing. Is there really a killer among us?"

Monokuma: "Most definitely, there's no doubt that the blackened is lurking among you. Such a sad state of affairs, isn't it? By the way, this trial is gonna be one hundred percent fair, so there's no need to worry. I'm the type who hates favouritism and prejudice... well, not as much as I hate Monomi, of course."

Monomi: "You hate me that much!?"

Monokuma: "Now let's begin!"

Mikan: "Y-You're telling us to begin... but what are we supposed to do?"

Akane: "No complaining, let's just settle this with our fists!"

Kazuichi: "Were you even listening to the rules!?"

Fuyuhiko: "Didn't that Byakuya bastard get killed in the dining hall? Then everyone there is a fucking suspect."

Mahiru: "Yeah, yeah. What you're really trying to say is that you're not the killer, right?"

Fuyuhiko: "No shit, you guys went off on your own and started killing each other. This has nothing to do with me..."

Mahiru: "Huh? What does that mean?"

Nagito: "A-Anyway... why don't we try talking about the most pressing issue on our minds?"

Teruteru: "Huh? The most pressing issue on our minds?"

Nagito: "Where we found the body. It's very strange to find a body underneath a table."

Chiaki: "Then... let's start with that mystery." The reason why Byakuya's body was discovered under the dining hall table, they can start with that. But ultimately, they need to find out who murdered him.

Hajime: 'If we can't do this... no, thinking about 'if' is a waste of time. We have to do this, no matter what!'

Nagito: "Why was Byakuya's body in a place like that?"

Gundham: "His body was underneath the table at the very back of the dining hall."

Kazuichi: "After the killer murdered Byakuya... they probably moved the body there."

Hajime: "No, I don't think the killer moved the body."

Kazuichi: "Huh? Why?"

Nagito: "Try to remember what the body looked like when we found it under the table. Though there was a lot of blood everywhere, there was no sign the killer actually dragged the body through it."

Mahiru: "So that's why you think it's impossible that the killer moved the body... I see, I get your point."

Kazuichi: "Argh! And here I thought I had a genius idea!"

Hiyoko: "Too bad you're so stupid and boring and unpopular! Your life is meaningless!"

Kazuichi: "I-I respond better to praise, you know!" Everyone responds better to praise, unless you're some kind of masochist.