Chapter 72: DEVOID OF HUMANITY

Start from the beginning

Akane: "Her?"

Makoto: "The true Ultimate Despair... Junko Enoshima. She strongly influenced you all during your time at the school, and that's why you became Ultimate Despair. In order to remove that influence, you've been placed into the Hope Restoration Program."

Sonia: "Is that... why you took away our school memories?"

Makoto: "The reason you're able to act like your normal selves is because you're within the Neo World Program, but your true bodies in the real world are different. In the real world, you're part of a group that cruelly destroyed your family, friends, and even your own body!"

Kazuichi: "Family, friends, and our own bodies... aren't you exaggerating a bit?"

Hajime: "H-He's right! There's no way we'd do something like that!"

Makoto: "Don't turn away from the truth!"

Hajime: 'Tch!' Everything that Makoto was saying just kept getting more and more confusing, Hajime couldn't, or didn't want to, believe any of it. But then, for only a short moment, maybe two seconds... an image appeared in his head.

Hajime: 'Ugh! W-What was that just now? A memory? But

Hajime: 'Ugh! W-What was that just now? A memory? But... that person... was Nagito, right?'

Makoto: "...It appears you've remembered a little."

Hajime: 'Huh?'

Makoto: "Now, face what you've done! And from there, you will finally take your first steps on the path to hope!"

Monokuma: "Puhuhuhu..."

Kazuichi: "T-There's obviously some kind of mistake, there's no way we're Ultimate Despair!"

Makoto: "Because you're all Ultimate Despair... you killed your friends and family... and you even destroyed your own bodies!"

Hajime: "I-If that memory I felt was actually a memory from the real world... what Nagito did was... h-he cut off his own arm... and transplanted a woman's arm?"

Makoto: "Not just any woman's arm... it was the late Junko Enoshima's arm."

Fuyuhiko: "W-What did you say!?"

Makoto: "He probably thought that by becoming one with Junko Enoshima, he could make her survive within him."

Akane: "I-I don't get this at all!"

Makoto: "The Ultimate Despairs defy understanding. They have no problem severing their own limbs."

Sonia: "I-I am terribly sorry... I do not feel so well... where is the bathroom?" It's understandable for her to feel sick after hearing all that, her stomach refuses to cooperate and wants to upchuck everything within it.

Monokuma: "It's just a game anyway... so why don't you just let it out? I'm pretty sure a select few would demand that."

Makoto: "It's too soon to feel sick. That's not even the worst thing the Ultimate Despairs have done. Some wasted away to stick and bones through continuous fasting in order to reach the despair of starvation. Others gave their own families to Junko just to perform killing experiments on them. Not just that... after Junko's death, they slaughtered countless people by forcing them to commit suicide. One person even implanted one of Junko's eyes into their own socket. Perhaps they wanted to see her despair? And not just that, some even tried to have children with Junko's dead body."