XIX - Departure and the Long Way Home

A/N: This chapter is the start of Riku's "Normal" life arc, after this arc is the "Road to The International Arc".

Hakugyoku Hotel Stockholm Branch – Main Lobby

May 21, 2021 – Friday -  8:00 P.M.

Riku POV

After the podcast finished and finished eating our dinner, grandfather told me that we are to leave Stockholm immediately, which caught me off guard. I asked him why and he said it's due to the tight schedule that the plane he used to get here with Mafuyu.

And another reason that he stated was because normally the travel time between Stockholm and Tokyo will take at least 15 hours. But with the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, the plane will have to go the long way around to avoid potential crossfire.

Grandfather also said that the flight will be a double flight as the plane will take a quick pit stop in Los Angeles to re-stock on supplies and onto Tokyo from there which will take a full day of travel in total.

I told my band that I'm leaving now and shared them the details, and we said our goodbyes and I told them that I'll be waiting for them in Japan. I also said my goodbyes to the other bands and they gave me some souvenirs along the way in which I was very thankful for them. The tournament organizer ESL gave me a replica of the trophy that we won and told me that Yuragi and the others get one too. A fine addition to my collection.

Right now, I'm waiting at the main lobby for the girls to come here. Grandfather informed Youmu to tell the girls that we are leaving immediately. And a few minutes later, the girls have arrived with their suitcases.

Kyoya: I'm sorry to say this on short notice, but our flight to Japan leaves tonight. I'm sure Youmu have explained the details along the way.

The girls nodded as Kyoya turns to the entrance door.

Kyoya: Good. The busses are here. You girls will take the second bus and me, Riku and the other Celestial families along with the Scarlet family will go to the first bus.

We go to our bus as we let the staff handle our luggage and after 5 minutes, the busses left the hotel on its way to the airport. And before we head to the airport, we made a quick stop at the fish market to get the fish that I reserved for Chen. Ran-san thanked me for giving Chen some fish.

30 minutes later

Stockholm Arlanda Airport

8:30 P.M.

We have reached the airport in just a few minutes and went straight to the runway. Grandfather says that he used a private jet to come here. And the moment we got off the bus and saw the plane that we're riding, all of us were just dumbfounded on how big the plane was.

(A/N: You know MrBeast's video. The one with the $1 plane ticket vs $500,000 plane ticket? I'm using that one as a reference, but this time the plane is at least 2.5x bigger than the one in the video.)

The girls' reaction seeing this......well........

Kasumi: Wow!! It's so big!!

Tae: That's what she said.

Arisa: OI!!!

Aya: Isn't this.......way too big?

Ran: *sigh* good grief.

Tomoe: Is this normal to them Ran?

Ran: To nii-san, no. But to his grandfather, yes.

Kanon: Fueeeeeeeeeee.........