IV - Confirmation and Proposal

Hanasakigawa Girls High School

12:00 NN

Rinko POV

It's been a few hours since Riku introduced himself in homeroom, and now that it's lunchtime, I see Riku getting surrounded by girls asking him questions. I'm glad that the rest of the class is opening up to him, but I feel a bit uneasy that some of them are getting too close to Riku.

As I got up from my chair as I tried to invite Riku to eat lunch with me, I heard the door opening, and I saw Konpaku-san calling Riku.

Youmu: Riku-dono!

As Konpaku-san said that, Riku and the girls surrounding him looked at her. Riku stood up and went to where Konpaku-san was.

Riku: Youmu! What's up?

Youmu: Well, actually..........

As Konpaku-san said that, a pink haired woman in a light-blue kimono showed up behind her, it was the principal with a cheerful expression while waving.

Yuyuko: Good afternoon everyone~

Students: Principal?

Rinko: Principal. What brings you here?

Yuyuko: Well.......I came here to see Riku-kun~

Riku: Need me for something Yuyuko-san?

Yuyuko: Come with me. We've got a lot to talk about.

Riku pondered a bit about what Yuyuko-san said; he put on a small smile and just nodded. He went back to his desk and took his lunchbox. He looked at me for a moment, lightly poked my forehead, and said,

(A/N: Like Itachi doin' to Sasuke when they were young.)

Riku: I know what you're trying to invite me for lunch but, I can't say no to Yuyuko-san. Maybe next time, okay?

I just sheepishly nodded while I was touching my forehead and blushing as I saw Riku leave the room with Konpaku-san and Yuyuko-san. I heard some of the girls talking and...

Student 1: Hikawa-san. Are Shirokane-san and Riku-san dating?

As I heard that my blush started to get redder than the last.

Sayo: They're not dating. Shirokane-san told me that both of them are childhood friends. Shirokane-san, does Riku-san do that to you all the time?

Rinko: Well....most of the time actually. He does that if he's gonna go home when he hang out *but...I don't mind if it's him doing it...'

I said the last part silently so they couldn't hear it, and as I was about to go back to my seat, someone approached me.

???: Rinko-chan. Can I have a word with you?

Rinko: Shirasagi-san. What do you want to talk about?

Shirasagi-san looked around the room and looked at me again and said.

Chisato: Something important, but not here. How about the rooftop?

Rinko: The rooftop? Hikawa-san, you can go ahead to the Student Council Office without me.

Chisato: You too Kanon, you can go to Kokoro-chan, I have something to talk about with Rinko-chan.

Sayo: Very well. I'll tell Ichigaya-san this in case she's there. Matsubara-san, I'll take you where Tsurumaki-san is just in case you get lost.

Kanon: Fueeeeeee......

Hikawa-san took Matsubara-san and left the room, while I followed Shirasagi-san to the rooftop. I wonder what Shirasagi-san wants to talk about?