II - Offer and Gift

3rd POV

Minutes after that sudden reunion (well, not really a reunion, but you get the point), Riku, Ayabe, and the rest of the former OG continued our way to the Nagae mansion. Riku kept his smile, and Ayabe, Johan, and Ceb (A/N: I'm going to call Sebastien "Ceb" because his name is long; call me lazy; I don't care) took notice and teased Riku that he has a crush on Rinko. Which he quickly denies, saying that they are just friends. Topias and Sumail were chuckling while watching Riku be teased by the other 3.

30 Minutes Later

Nagae Estate Main Entrance

After 30 minutes of constant teasing and a slightly pissed-off Riku, the boys have made it to the Nagae Estate without any incidents whatsoever. As they were at the estate's main door and opened it, they were greeted by the servants of the family.

Servants: Welcome back, Riku-sama!!!

Riku: I'm back. After 8 years, I'm finally home. Hopefully, I will stay here for a long time.

At Riku's words, they were approached by a man in his 50s with a posture that shows years of experience as a butler and who greeted Riku in a gentlemanly manner.

???: Welcome back, Riku-sama. How was your trip on your way here?

He simply clapped his hands, and the remaining servants returned to their daily duties.

Riku: It was.........eventful....to say the least. How is my grandfather doing these years, Eiji-san.

Kamiki Eiji. The father of my personal butler, Ayabe, is the current head butler of the Nagae family and has been serving my grandfather for 20 years. He is also the personal butler for the current head. He will retire from his position once I take my grandfather's place as head, and Ayabe will be replacing his place as head butler as well.

Eiji: Oyakata-sama has been doing well these days, he's already waiting for you in his office ever since you arrived.

Riku: Okay. Ayabe, take Johan and the boys to their rooms, put our luggage in our rooms, and put the instruments in the studio along the way.

Ayabe: Understood, Riku-sama. Now follow me, everyone. I'll guide you to your rooms.

Riku just nods to say that they should follow him. Johan and the others followed Ayabe and Riku followed Eiji to see his grandfather.

Riku POV

As I follow Eiji-san, who is currently leading me to my grandfather's room, I'm having second thoughts about seeing him. I don't know what to say to him once I see him again, ever since that day.

On that day, 4 years ago. After I won TI8, I received a call that my parents had passed away. I took a flight to Japan immediately, and once I got back, I saw my grandfather in a paler face since I last saw him, and his eyes were devoid of any emotion, like he was dead on the inside. He was kneeling beside my parents casket, and I kneeled beside my grandfather as I began to mourn for my parents.

As I was trying to mourn, my heart ached. It's like a feeling that I haven't felt before. It's true that my parents weren't there in the early days of my life, but why does it hurt? Why does it hurt to see them like this? I began to cry as I began to think about what was happening to me.

I cried as long as I could, but I have to be strong. Now that my mother is gone, I am now the sole successor of the family, and the pressure on me has just increased, including the fact that I just won TI. Just by that fact alone, I need to improve even further.

My grandfather, on the other hand, took it harder than me, as his only daughter died in an assassination attempt that was originally targeted at him.

It turns out the assassination was orchestrated by the Shinomiya family's eldest child, Shinomiya Oko. We found out the reason for the attempt was that my grandfather rejected Shinomiya's offer of me getting engaged to their youngest child, Shinomiya Kaguya.