[014] Football player in danger

Credulous

♥︎

The day went by in a blink of an eye, and all of a sudden, Isabel, Brittany, and Y/n were getting ready for tonight. The trio was currently doing each other's make-up, with Isabel currently being the one getting it applied by the h/c girl.

"So, and done." The girl smiled as she put away the brush that she had used for the blue eye shadow and pressed a small hand mirror into her friend's hands. The wavy-haired girl smiled at her friend, happy with the result. "Thanks."

The three girls quickly put away all the make-up and joined the rest of the cheerleaders before they all walked to the field together. People started to arrive and sit themselves down on the bleachers as the cheerleaders were shaking their pompoms up and down.

After a while, the l/n girl noticed Sylvie and Annie sit down, and in the middle of the two... Hazel. The Callahan girl noticed someone staring at her, and when she turned to look at the person, it was Y/n. The two girls held eye contact for a moment before the cheerleader looked away, turning her attention to the people sitting right in front of her.

More people sat down on the bleachers, and the announcer's voice was heard. "Rockbridge, this is the most important day of your life. Forget your wedding, forget your funeral, fuck your bar mitzvah. This is what matters. Gameday, let's do this!"

Sylvie grabbed her cap, turning to her two friends beside her. "It's a wonder my stepdad let me go today." When her two friends looked at her questioning, she added, "It's Friday movie night."

"Let's go Vikings!"

Before the two girls could respond to Sylvie, PJ and Josie ran up to them. PJ stood a little behind Josie, who sat down, breathing so heavily she could be mistaken for running a marathon as she started talking. "Okay, first off, PJ has something to say to Hazel, so..."

She looked at her friend, who seemingly had no idea what she had to do. "The apology. Do the apology. Do the apology instead."

"Okay," PJ said, looking at the Callahan girl, who was trying to avoid looking at the apologizing look on her face. "I'm sorry that I called your mom a skank and for saying that her behavior is rubbing off on you, and that being the reason why you won the bet. And I'm sorry for even suggesting the bet. And I'm sorry for saying that you have no friends really loud in front of all your friends. And I'm sorry for being an asshole a lot of the time."

The short-haired brunette still didn't look at her. "Most of the-- All of the time. And I do think that it's nice you always take notes and then you type them up and email them to everyone..."

Hazel nodded her head in a way that said, 'yeah,-no-shit-asshole'. "... and I really appreciate it. Do you forgive me?" The Callahan girl looked to the floor before chuckling slightly and grinning while declaring, "Yes."

"I don't want to interrupt this gorgeous moment, but we don't have time now because I got information from a very confidential source that Huntington is trying to kill someone on this team tonight!"

Josie was practically out of breath after telling the girls the shortened version of the gruesome story Rhodes had told her. Sylvie looked confused, Annie was skeptical, and Hazel looked into the sky again. "What are you even talking about, Josie? Nobody's even there." Annie pointed to the empty bleachers of their opponents.