[001] Jeff fair

Credulous

♥︎

Was Y/n a fan of fairs? No. Could she still be found every single year at the state fair, or Jeff fair, as Y/n called it, in her city? Absolutely. Despite not liking the whole football obsession the city had, she still came to the yearly fair. Y/n came for her friends and stayed for the food and nothing more. So far, the h/c girl had already eaten a bag of popcorn, a pretzel, fries, which she shared with her two best friends, Isabel and Brittany, and a cotton candy, although she was now already on her second one.

Y/n, Isabel, and Brittany were standing together next to a food stand. Brittany wanted to go on the 'Puke and Duke', and Isabel tried to convince Y/n to accompany the taller girl.

"Nuh uh," she said while shaking her head violently. "If I ride with this thing now, no one will be able to follow me."

"I did not need to hear that." Brittany said before taking another sip of the cold drink she held in her hand. Isabel just chuckled at the whole thing and took a little bit of Y/n's cotton candy. The girl gasped over, dramatically putting her sugar-coated hand on her shirt, regretting her action instantly. "Oh, come on-"

"Give it up for Jeff!"

A crowd of people cheered as Jeff ran out and posed before coming over to his girlfriend. "Isabel, be dating a fruit bowl," Y/n thought to herself as she watched the couple embrace each other while she continued eating the pink cloud-like candy on the wooden stick she was holding. Jeff let go of Isabel and ran alongside his teammates across the fairgrounds.

The trio started walking away from the food stand, Isabel and Brittany on the sides and Y/n in the middle, before they got stopped by three girls. Or rather, by two girls, as it seemed that the third girl was more of a bystander. Y/n knew the girls in front of them, but she wasn't sure about their names. Y/n had a serious problem when it came to remembering people's names. For instance, she needed two months to remember that Brittany's name wasn't Birthany and a whole year to remember her teacher's name. By the time she knew the teacher's name, they weren't even teaching her anymore.

"Okay, so the one on the left was named something like Pyjamas, and the other one was Josephine... maybe." The girl thought to herself, trying her hardest to remember the names of the three. „And the girl in the middle was..." Y/n was pulled out of her thoughts as the girl on the left started talking.

"Hey, Brittany!" The girl, Y/n believed to be named Pyjamas, spoke while looking at the tall and gorgeous brunette in front of her in a flirty way. Brittany pulled the straw of her soda from between her lips as she looked at the obvious love-struck girl in front of her. "PJ."

"Ohhh, close enough," Y/n thought at the mention of the girl's name and mentally slapped herself for thinking her name was Pyjamas. PJ fidgeted with the cotton candy in her hands. She nervously gestured to Brittany's clothing, trying to find something to compliment that would leave an impression. "I am loving all the—holes in your pants."

The h/c girl standing in the middle started to feel second-hand embarrassment as she listened to PJ's horrible attempt to flirt. It seemed like she wasn't the only one, as the girl on PJ's right as well as the girl standing a little bit behind PJ and 'Josephine' looked at her friend in confusion.

"Thanks." Brittany said, looking PJ up and down while sipping a little of the drink in her hand. "You look like a little Dutch boy."

Brittany's reply had Y/n looking at PJ, practically inspecting her outfit. A small grin started forming on the girl's face.