[013] Six feet under and floating on cloud seven

Credulous

♥︎

School started to go back to how it was before everything. Josie and PJ got new names written on their lockers, and even the janitor turned against them. Mr. G became mysoginistic and taught the class everything he thought about women, which was nothing good. Isabel and Jeff got back together while Birttany and the l/n girl had to watch the whole thing play out, sharing a disaproving look once the couple walked away, and Hazel and Y/n didn't talk anymore.

It wasn't like they would have a chance to even see each other since the Callahan girl didn't go to school for the next few days because of how badly injured she was. Isabel and Brittany had informed the l/n girl that the short-haired brunette would not appear again until Friday.

The h/c would never admit it, but secretly she had hoped Hazel would've called her. Would've called her and explained to her that it was all a lie or a misunderstanding and that the words that left Tim's mouth that day weren't even remotely true.

But she didn't. She didn't call, and she didn't text. She didn't ask her friends to deliver a message for her, and she didn't even invite her to the movie night the girls had. Not like Y/n would've gone anyway, but at least in this way she could make Hazel feel bad for what she did.

Since the Callahan girl got out of the hospital, she didn't know what to do regarding the girl that made her heart skip a bit and the same girl that she hurt in so many ways. She didn't feel like calling or texting since it seemed too spurious. But most of all, she didn't think that the l/n girl would listen to her.

There was one evening where all the girls that were with her in the hospital and who she considered her friends barged into her house and told her they would do a movie night to make her feel better. The short-haired brunette's eyes lit up with hope—hope of seeing the familiar h/c hair walk through the door of the house.

But she didn't. During the whole movie, she could just think about the l/n girl. What was she doing? Did she ask about Hazel? Was she already with somebody else? All these questions floated in the Callahan girl's mind, but she didn't dare ask the tall brunette and the wavy-haired girl about Y/n, scared that they would tell her something that would make things even worse.

♡♡♡♡

"Shit, shit, shit, shit-" the l/n girl whisper-yelled as she looked at the time before jumping out of her warm and comfortable bed. Hurried footsteps were heard throughout the l/n family home as Y/n ran back and forth in an attempt to have her belongings packed up and get herself dressed in time.

When the girl was finally done getting ready, she put on her shoes and tried to tie the laces together, which ultimately took too long for her, and she ran to the bus stop with her shoes untied. Normally the h/c girl would wake up two hours earlier than now in order to avoid the Huntington players, but yesterday she forgot to set up her alarm for today, and now she had to make a run in order to even catch the normal bus.