[004] Ocean blue eyes

Credulous

♥︎

"The Holocaust. It happened." The kid sitting beside Y/n raised his hand. Mr. G pointed at him before saying, "Yes, it did."

All chairs and tables in the classroom were pushed aside, creating space in the center of the classroom. Y/n, Isabel, and Brittany were sitting on their desks that were pushed to the window side. Out of the three best friends, only Isabel was really listening. Brittany was spacing out while Y/n tried to remember a song she had stuck in her head since this morning.

Sitting behind Brittany was Hazel, writing in her notebook and occasionally looking up before continuing with her notes.

Y/n was starting to get annoyed at the stupid song, and when Mr. G spoke again, she only understood that he would be reading for himself while the class should reenact something. Of course, the whole class just started talking, ignoring the assignment given.

"Maybe I should blow this school up." The kid that was still beside the l/n girl asked no one in particular, making Y/n turn around wide-eyed.

'What psycho would think about blowing shit up?!' The girl thought to herself, trying her hardest to ignore what she just witnessed.

"What are they talking about?" Isabel's voice made the h/c girl jump up a little. "Jesus Isabel, you scared me." "Sorry, but seriously, why does PJ have a broken nose?"

Y/n eyes followed her best friend gaze to Josie and PJ, the girl only now taking notice of how beat up PJ looked. "Probably because of their fight club," the girl stated before Isabel walked over to Josie and PJ.

"Hey," a voice all of a sudden was heard behind the l/n girl. Her head turned in the direction the voice came from, noticing quickly that it was Hazel's. She had moved from her original seat behind Brittany to leaning against the desk behind Y/n.

"What's up?" she asked, giving the Callahan girl a warm smile. Y/n couldn't wrap her head around it, but for some reason, just talking with the short-haired brunette made her happy.

Hazel looked back at the girl ahead of her, suddenly becoming a little nervous. "I- I just wanted to make sure that you are coming today. You know... to the fight club." The Callahan girl couldn't explain to herself why she became so flustered.

"Yeah, I'm going to be there. After all, if I have to expect getting chased by a group of Huntington players every morning, then I better know how to defend myself." At this point, the girl was considering camping at the school just so she wouldn't have to run for her life every morning.

"Every day? I thought it only happened once." The l/n girl opened her mouth to be able to explain to Hazel the whole thing, but the Callahan girl continued her questioning. "Did they chase you yesterday? What about today? Did they do anything? Did you-"

'Is she even breathing right now?' Y/n asked herself. "Hazel-," but the short-haired brunette resumed with the questions. In order to grab the girl's attention, the h/c girl wrapped her hands around Hazel's, looking into her ocean blue eyes.

Hazel stopped with the questions and looked right back into the l/n girl's e/c eyes. The short-haired brunette's heart skipped a beat as a faint red softly tinted her cheeks. 'What is going on?' she asked herself.