5

Weeks had passed and as always, Zeus hadn't gotten any closer to me. I felt so close in completing this mission for Hades but at the same time his children seemed to care about me more than theirs own mother and father. We sat in our thrones, bored to death as we stared at the large doors before us. Foot steps were heard and infront of me stood Hera. She had a smile plastered onto her face even though it looked certainly forced. She curtsied to us and faced me.

"Good morning." She said

I immediately understood what she was doing. She thought that I would think I'm on her good side so then she can secretly kill me.

"I will not lie to you." I told her returning her fake smile

Zeus looked at me in confusion.

"Morning was good before seeing your face." I chuckled

She flinched at my words. She was a poor thing. More delicate than anyone could ever be. She looked down and nodded to herself a few times before looking back up at me.

"Same here." Her forced smile turned into an obviously pained one

I hummed in response and I could feel Zeus laughing at us silently and he hid his face. I looked her up and down before acting sarcastically mesmerised by her beauty.

"What a beauty." I told her

"Your dress is very beautiful." I saw her smile at my words

"Your jewellery, your hair..." I trailed off

"But I wonder."

She raised her eyebrows at this statement.

"Who do you wear it for?" I finish

Hera frowned at me. She looked to Zeus as if to ask him what I was meaning to say.

"Isn't it too much for a woman who spends her everyday alone?"
I laughed

She gasped.

"You know if you were able to bear a child with Zeus then I probably wouldn't be sitting here..." I add

She thought about turning back but she stayed, wanting to hear what had I had to say to her.

"If the trick was done by tears, you would've had plenty of children right now which means I wouldn't have been here and as it appears... I say this because you are the one always crying."

She looked as if she was going to cry. I didn't understand why anyone wasn't stopping me. Hera looked down at the marble floor.  She looked at me and once she regained her strength.

"And what makes you think I will accept that?" She asked

"It's simply the truth."

"Enough!" She reached her hand out ready to slap me

But suddenly, a strong and muscular arm pulled her hand away. I saw that it was in-fact Poseidon. Why is he always around this palace? I thought he hated Zeus!

"Apologies!" He gave an angry stare at her

She lolled her head down, ready to cry.

"I said to apologise to her majesty!" Poseidon continued

Hera curtsied and with a fast pace marched off, probably to cry her heart out.