3

Last night had left me full in thoughts. This entire time I had been sleeping in the bedroom where so many beds lay for the servants and now suddenly I was suddenly invited to sleep with the king. I declined his offer and told him we shouldn't get his wife even more mad. I knew what Hera had done to the past few women Zeus had an affair with and I refuse to have my name on that list.

But that wasn't the only thing I wondered of. Did Zeus really not love his wife that much? I'm surprised Hera hadn't left him a long time ago. No matter how much he hurt her she forgave him and she stayed with him as his wife. But Zeus even though he apologised, you would think he had learnt from his mistakes but he had continued to bed other women without Hera knowing.

And why didn't he step away from me? Why didn't he talk to Hera? Why didn't he go after her? ...Why did he kiss me? This was basically a arranged marriage after all. Or could it possibly be because he might not even want Hera as his wife?

I groaned and sat up from the bed. All the servants had left early since it's their duty so they can sort out the palace before his highness awakes which left me in the bedroom alone. A knock on the door was heard. I got up go open it and to my surprise there stood Prometheus. I smiled and hugged him as so did he.

"Did you meet Iris?" I asked

"Yes I did, and I must say she has really settled in with Apollo."
He said

I laughed. "At least she is happy." I sighed

"I came here with no permission so I must hurry now, be careful of Hera, Zeus' former wife. She is mad at you therefore just like what she has done to all the other women Zeus had, she wants revenge!" He hurried

"Prometheus!" We heard Zeus shout out in an angry voice

"Father!-" I began to push Prometheus behind me

He refused to move but instead pushed me away from the scene. I fell to my knees in between the men. I ran to Zeus's feet and began to clutch his knees in my hands in a begging form. My hands slide down his legs as I lower my forehead to the ground. Again, begging, screaming, screeching, shouting. I lifted my head and clutched his knees again as I looked into his eyes. He gave me a cold and furious stare and the looked back to Prometheus who he had carried out his palace by guards.

I began to cry. I had only learnt he was my father a few days ago and I have met him again for the first time and now he is to die. And what of my siblings? How will they survive? I was dragged by guards to the balcony of the maid's bedroom and was made to stare at a cliff. Soon enough Zeus came by my side. On the cliff came Prometheus from the shadows. Tears rolled down my eyes. I didn't know if it was fear or if I was relieved. I didn't know but if it is because it would be relieved because well... soon that would change.

"Prometheus! You are to be punished!" Zeus yelled at him

I dropped to my knees as fear for my father was what I cried for.

"For why, great King?" Father shouted out so Zeus could hear

"You have stolen the fire from me! You have defied me and my orders!" Zeus began to shout louder

I'm sure it was because my crying became louder each time father looked at me.

"Please! I was only trying to help my children, my lord!"
Prometheus told him

Zeus grunted in an annoyed tone and a loud clang was heard. A one-eyed cyclops had chain my father in an adamant iron chain to to large rock at the top of the cliff. The sky grew dark, rain trickled down, thunder struck every now and then. This made me cry and shout even louder for him. A vulture came swooping down on him and tore open his insides. I cried and looked away from the scene as the vulture at his insides. I looked to father's face. He was staring at me with soft and teary eyes and gave me a smile no matter how much his stomach could've hurt him. I smiled back at him.