Chapter Ten: Movie Night.

Start from the beginning

"Because it's not. Look Mia, I'm really sorry about this." Michelle says.

"You don't need to be sorry, you just have to take your movie night to your room with him. That would probably be more fun especially for him." I say.

"Don't sound like that. We're gonna watch the movie together. I'm pretty sure he would love that." Michelle says.

"Hey guys! I'm here.......is that Caleb?" Amber asks. She's finally out of her room.

"Hey Amber." Caleb says from the living room.

Amber fakes a smile at him and starts approaching us in the kitchen.

"What's he doing here?" Amber asks in a low tone so that Caleb won't hear.

"Maybe you should ask Michelle." I say.

"Michelle?" Amber calls out.

"I was gonna go over to his house but he came here instead." Michelle says.

"I'm sorry, why were you gonna go to his house? We already agreed we would have our movie night hence no hanging out with boyfriends." Amber says.

"I told him I wouldn't be able to hang out with him tonight but he didn't listen." Michelle says.

"So he's gonna join our movie night?" Amber asks.

"Yeah, I guess." Michelle says.

"Nope, I can't have Caleb watch the movie with us. It's either he leaves or you two go to your room or you can as well dress up and go to his house with him like you planned." I say.

"Why are you being this way, Mia? It's not like I invited him myself." Michelle says.

"For the love of God, Michelle! Tonight is supposed to be our night. Can't you convince him to leave? He's your boyfriend, isn't he?" Amber asks.

"Can you guys please just try to understand me? I can't just tell him to leave." Michelle says.

"Why? Are you scared of him?" Amber asks.

"No.....guys please....it's just one movie and we're done." Michelle says.

"I support what Mia said about you going to your room with Caleb." Amber says.

"Amber, you're not helping." Michelle says.

"What? We both know you and Caleb ain't gonna be watching the movie. I don't think I wanna watch two movies at the same time." Amber says.

"Seriously Amber?" Michelle says.

"You know that." Amber says.

"Michelle, I can't......I won't watch the movie with Caleb present." I say.

"Why? Because you hate him so much that you can't stay in the same room with him?" Michelle asks.

"Probably." I say.

"Ok...."

The sound of the door bell interrupts Michelle.

I move towards the door and opens it....and another bombshell....

"Hey Mia." Jordan says after I open the door.

"Jordan?" Amber utters.

"Hey babe." Jordan says.

Amber approaches where I'm standing by the door "Babe, I don't remember telling you to come here so what are you doing here?" She asks Jordan.

"I invited him. I told him that I was coming over here and that he could come too." Caleb says from where he is.