TWENTY-SEVEN

"How well do you know the victim?" The officer asked Sevyn while the nurse cleaned the flesh wound on Sevyn's arm

"His name is Spencer, Spencer James he's a friend of mine. Is my cousin Olivia okay?"

"Yes, hon she's getting checked out now." The nurse told her.

"Was he involved in a gang dispute?"

"Excuse me?" Sevyn asked him in disbelief.

"Was he involved in a gang dispute?" He asked her again more slowly.

"No. Spencer could never be in a gang he would never hurt anyone. I just wanna see him."

"Then how did you hurt your wrist and your arm?" He asked as she winched in pain.

"I'm sorry, hon."

"He pushed us down to save us." Sevyn told him.

"So he shoved you? He was aggressive."

"Spencer didn't shove me. He pushed us to save me and my cousin's life while he was being shot, and we all fell to the ground. I broke our fall and I must have been hit when we were falling." Sevyn repeated for the second time.

"Did he return fire?" The officer asked.

"What the fuck? No. Look, you should be out chasing down those guys in that fucking car who shot at us." Sevyn told him.

"That's being looked into. I have a few more questions."

"I'd like my phone back, please."

"You'll get it back soon enough." He said sliding the phone away from her.

"My daughter wants her phone back," Anthony said while stepping into the room surprising the officer.

"Your Anthony Wade's daughter?" He asked in shocked as he watched Anthony hugged his daughter  tight.

"Mhm."

"Sir your daughter has a sprained wrist along with the flesh wound which we've assessed and she has stitches. In the meantime, I'll get you something for the pain." The nurse said to Anthony.

"She plays tennis how long does this take to heal?" Anthony asked the nurse.

"She has a grade one sprain which can take one to three weeks for recovery time." The nurse said as she finished.

"Like I was saying, Spencer's a straight-A student at Beverly High. You can confirm that with his mom." Sevyn told the officer.

"Grace James, correct?"

"Yes. She's on the way. She was in Anaheim with her younger son and her boyfriend." Sevyn said.