TWENTY-TWO

Sevyn saw Jordan sitting by himself on the couch and went to sit down beside him before saying, "How does it feel now that you're going to be a dad?"

"I'm scared Sev, I'm not ready," Jordan told her honestly. Wrapping her arms around him, he sighed.

"Hey it's going to be okay, Jordan you have all of us that are going to be here for you and that baby."

"Thank you, Sev."

"No problem just know I'm gonna be the favorite auntie," Sevyn said causing Jordan to laugh.

"Uh excuse me that would be me." Olivia said causing the two to look at her as she sat down on the couch.

"Girl bye."

After making some snacks the three of them were watching a movie together just as Jordan's phone rang he quickly declined the call making Olivia and Sevyn look at each other.

"Not cool, Jordan," Sevyn told him, even though he was her cousin, Simone was still her friend and he was doing her dirty.

"Yeah, well, it was Simone," Jordan told her.

"Oh, good. I was hoping it was the mother of your unborn child that you were ignoring." Olivia told him.

"Look, her ultrasound is at the same time as the South Crenshaw rematch, OK? I can't go. I don't want her to feel like I'm bailing." Jordan said.

"Right. So ghosting her felt like the better solution." Olivia said sarcastically just as her phone rang and it was Asher causing her to flip her phone over continue looking at the TV.

With a laugh, Sevyn said, "Yeah both of y'all are the same, I must be the only one that answers calls around here."

"Not cool, Olivia." Jordan teased.

"This is different."

"Hmm. Since when do you ignore Asher?" Jordan asked her.

"Since we sort of...."

"Okay yeah. Don't need to hear details, thank you." Jordan said not wanting to hear about one of his sister's sex life.

"Uh, no. We just kissed, and we were fully sober. I don't know. I... I really do like him." She told them.

"So what's the problem?" Sevyn asked her.

"I guess I'm just hesitant to go there with him. I don't know why."

"Only, Liv, uh, the last time you guys got together, you were in a bad place. Maybe you just don't want to be reminded of your addiction." Jordan told her just as the front door opened.

"Yeah. It's not exactly something you forget. Every day, I make an active choice to stay sober."

"OK. But do you need yet another reminder?" Sevyn asked her.