THREE

"Uh, I hate early morning practices

"Uh, I hate early morning practices." Sevyn groaned while looking at the clock and seeing that it was only 4:45 tennis practice and all others were scheduled for early morning two a days.

"Half your team lost and the other half won you the captain and y'all fall together." Her father said he handed her a protein shake.

"I know but dang, coach could have made it at least seven a.m. Shoot y'all won against Cleveland and here you are up for practice."

"And that was light work but as a team, it wasn't and that's why I also have early practice so don't be late to yours baby girl I already put your bags in your car," Anthony says before kissing Sevyn's forehead and leaving.

Grabbing her phone, protein shake, and water bottle Sevyn headed to her car groaning the whole way, she may have stayed up late watching Power but that wasn't the point.

Walking onto the tennis Sevyn saw her teammates arguing rolling her eyes she put her bags down and quickly rushed over to the team.

"We shouldn't be penalized because you guys lost your matches," Hanna said getting in the face of one of their teammates.

"Hey!" Sevyn yelled getting their attention, "I'd advise you to go do your laps, or none of you will be playing, leave them alone, and Hanna you win one match and you think you big shit you've lost five matches back to back so don't blame them we win and lose as a team so start your laps." Sevyn finished, Hanna looked down embarrassed before starting her laps and the other teammates followed except one.

"Thanks for that I was trying to stick up for Morgan, I'm Simone." She said holding her hand out for Sevyn to shake.

Shaking her hand with a smile Sevyn greeted, "Nice to meet you Simone, I'm Sevyn team captain, and you're new on the team right?"

"Yeah um, I just joined."

"Okay well let's see if you can keep up," Sevyn said before joining the team in laps.

"Hey, Spence." Sevyn greeted Spencer with a hug before starting their walk to class.

"How was practice?" In reply, all he gave her was a low huff.