ELEVEN

"Hey, babe," Laura says while walking into the kitchen

"Hey, mama."

"You prepping for Logan High?"

"I'm telling you, they look deceptively easy."

"Yeah, well, we'll light 'em up, Dad," Jordan said confidently.

"They got Mitchell on the end, though," Billy answered.

"I thought he was injured," Olivia spoke up making heads turn her way.

"He.."

"You know that?" Sevyn asked shocked.

"What? I'm a coach's daughter. I pay attention," she said noticing their shocked expressions.

Billy nodded his head clearly impressed, "Okay, look at you. Well, Mitchell will be back by playoffs, so we need a game plan. Spencer, Jordan we should meet up after school. I need to throw in a wrinkle-"

"I can't today, sorry," Jordan said shutting down the idea.

"What wh-where you gotta be?" Billy asked.

"Promised Ripley we'd see a movie. See you guys later? Yeah?" Jordan said looking at his family.

"Ripley," Billy said while looking at his wife he was still on the fence about the girl.

"Is it just me or is he acting weirder than usual?" Olivia wondered out loud.

"Weird," Laura agreed. Liv and Sevyn moved from their spot at the counter and started walking toward the front door and turned around once they noticed Spencer wasn't following them. "Spencer you coming?"

"Yeah."

"You know what? Uh, you guys go ahead and, uh, I'll take Spencer," Laura said looking at them.

Billy got up once she gave him a look, "Okay, uh, let's go. See y'all later."

"I can't stand them bougie ass white girls," Sevyn told Olivia as they watched Layla talk to Gabby and her posse

"It's not gonna end well," Olivia said to Layla as she walked over to their table.