From what she could recall, it was the Frost Knights that surrounded them in the city square when she started to have a mana outbreak.

While Angelica could understand the collaboration between Edward and the Third Eye, she could not find any connection between the masked assassins and him.

The person whom the Third Eye guild initially tried to kill was Angelica. If it was Helen in place of her, Edward would have made sure to burn the guild to the ground. On the other hand, the masked assassins were the ones that put the Havu curse on Edward. Even he would not collude with the people who cursed him just to get to Angelica.

'Maybe it was a coincidence?' Angelica shook her head.

For Edward and the masked assassins to be in the same place at the same time, with one trying to capture her and the other trying to kill her, Angelica felt like she was missing something.

Still for all of this to happen in the first place.

"How the hell did he find me?"

How did Edward Frost find someone who had died almost three years ago? Angelica Ashford was long dead.

No matter how much she racked her brain the only person that came to Angelica's mind was the man who introduced Kalan to the Nero mercenaries, the head of the Sehra merchants - Elijah Sehra.

Out of everyone else, only Elijah had the means to contact someone of Edward's standing. Also, since he was used to traveling across the continent, there was a high possibility for him to have interacted with Edward.

"Snitches... I'm surrounded by snitches" Angelica muttered under her breath.

Angelica had only known Elijah ever since she joined the Nero mercenaries whereas the rest of her team knew him for years. He was one of the very few trusted people allowed to stay inside the village.

Angelica understood the reason immediately. The bling had cost her freedom.

'The next time I see him. I'm gonna shove those shiny stones down his throat'

First, it was Elijah, then the tower guards, and the Third Eye. Were the Tullus mercenaries also a part of this? Once again Angelica was at a standstill.

"No! I've come this far! I won't be defeated just like that" Angelica declared clenching her fists.

Angelica was too deep in the game to give up. If she had wanted to quit she would have done so when the masked assassins tried to kill her for the first time at Mount Zion. No matter the situation, as long as one keeps looking there will always be a way out.

Right when Angelica was contemplating on her next move, there was a knock on the door.

*knock* *knock*

"..." Angelica stared at the door in silence.

When there was no answer the person on the other side, a maid opened the door and entered the chamber. She looked a little older than Angelica but had an air of serenity around her.

Although surprised at first at seeing Angelica awake, the maid bowed and calmly greeted her. 

"Madam. You're awake. How are you feeling?"

Angelica remained quiet and maintained a blank expression. She was in enemy territory with no knowledge of what was to come. For now, the smartest strategy was to... play dumb.

The person the Frosts had was not the Orion noble Angelica Ashford. It was the Velven mercenary Antarctica Leveret.

And so the most realistic theatrical experience in all of Orion began.