light me up - witkyung

ACCKKKKK I LOVE FULL METAL JACKET SO MUCH IT'S LITERALLY SO GOOD
———
Dawit lurked around the dim streets, lit with only street lamps as cold wind breezed by. It was probably 2 am, he didn't care enough to check. He was at a sketchy party with friends, but left early once they started pulling out drugs and guns. Something he didn't want to mess with.

They were probably looking for him, his friends, probably thinking how a fuck-up like him couldn't handle a bit of powder and fire. That's the thing about Dawit. He was fucked up. Born into a cult, escaping when he was 12, dropped out of highschool right before graduating, even joined a gang for shits and giggles before leaving to try better his life, but ended up drinking his heart out whenever he could. He was 21, now. He regretted every decision he's made, but he's too far gone to turn back.

As he walked the cold streets of Seoul, his jacket was the only thing that kept him warm, cold air leaving his mouth every time he sighed. He needed to find somewhere warm before he died of hypothermia.

Just as he walked a bit more, he stopped by a small store. In front of that store was a man who had a smoke in his hand, someone Dawit didn't know. He ignored him, though, instead entering the store to by himself a pack of cigarettes with the little money he had left in his pocket.

After buying the cigarettes, he left the store and stood next to the man, leaning on the wall as he took out the stick. It was silence between them. A comfortable one, really.

"What are you doing out here at this time?" The man asked. He seemed to be around the same age as Dawit, long brown hair, and big dark brown eyes, wearing a t-shirt that was half tucked into big pants, his jacket half-off, revealing his milky white skin. What drew Dawit in the most was his pretty pink lips, though.

"Dunno. Could ask the same thing to you."

"Wouldn't you like to know, pretty boy?" The man smirked, taking a long drag of his cigarette afterwards and huffing out smoke that mixed with the freezing air. "Running some errands, you?"

"Since you wanna know so much, I'm escaping a party. Not that interesting." Dawit replied. He was glad for the cold, helping him hide his blushing face.

"Ooh, that's much more interesting. Why's that? Saw your girl with someone else?"

"Fuck no, I'm not into girls. They started pulling out drugs and guns, not really my thing." Dawit chuckled, placing a cigarette in between his shaky lips.

"Guess that makes both of us. I wouldn't have expected that. A big, burly guy like you must get a lot of girls, no?" He asked, head cocking to the side. "You could say that. Not that I end up liking them back, or anything. Not many people like me, anyways.

"Oh, yeah? Why's that? I think you're pretty enjoyable." The brunette smirked teasingly, receiving an eye roll from the other.

"I guess I'm kind of a fuck-up. You know, I don't really have anything going on for me right now. Born into a cult that I escaped, a high-school dropout, former gang member, alcoholic... Not really the most attractive to people." Dawit only shrugged.

He didn't know why he was sharing so much with a stranger. Maybe it was the fact that he was probably never gonna see him again? Seoul was big, so there'd be no reason for Dawit to bump into him again. It'd leave to impact on his or the stranger's life, so fuck it.

As it went quiet, Dawit searched his body for a lighter, only to realize he didn't have one. "Damn, do you have a lighter?"

The man got up from where he was leaning and walked towards the other, a hand behind his neck as he pulled him closer and used the tip of his cigarette to light the other up, faces dangerously close.

Dawit admired his soft facial features, long eyelashes fluttering as he looked straight into Dawit's eyes. It put him in a trance, falling for the boy in front of him.

Eventually, that trance was broken when he pulled away, huffing a small puff of air into the blonde's face. "Good thing I like fuck-ups."

Dawit blinked a bit, trying to hide his fluster as the man returned to where he was leaning next to him. The brunette let out a small chuckle when he saw his face, finding amusement in it.

"Shut up, I didn't know you were gonna do that." Dawit defended. "Sorry, sorry. What's your name, by the way?"

"Kwak Dawit."

"Well, Kwak Dawit, glad I got to know you. I'll be on my way now." The brunette got up, taking another drag of his cigarette for good measure. "What? You're not gonna tell me your name?"

"We probably won't see each other again after this, so I don't think it's really that necessary. If we do, then we must be fated. See 'ya." And with a final wave of his hand, he left. Dawit was all alone in the cold, but for some reason, he felt warm.

A chuckle left his lips as he began walking, legs taking him to wherever before his brain could even process where he was going. It was like he was on autopilot, letting his body move freely at it's own will until he caught up with the man.

"Hey!" He called out, the other stopping in his tracks before turning his head. "I'm not going anywhere until you tell me your name."

Dawit wrapped his arms around the other as if he'd known him for years, not letting him go anywhere until he spoke. The other struggled in his grip, but laughed with him as newfound energy filled them.

"Since you wanna know so bad, it's Suh Kyungmin. Would you please let go of me, now?"

"Alright, alright." Dawit finally did, instead opting to wrap an arm around Kyungmin's shoulder with a shit-eating grin. "Going anywhere, Suh Kyungmin?"

"My apartment, I'm guessing you're coming with, huh?" Kyungmin asked. He wasn't against the idea. He was lonely, after all.

"I didn't plan on it, but since you offered..."

Kyungmin shook his head fondly. As they walked, they talked about their lives and practically everything. For the first time, Dawit felt seen. His friends were never really his friends, but Kyungmin saw past his tragedy. He saw him as a person who makes mistakes.

Finally, Dawit could smile fondly.