another world - witkyung

requested by euneunsie

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING THIS. I FINISHED WRITING IT SUCH A LONG TIME AGO BUT I JUST FORGOT TO POST IT AND FORGOT ABOUT WATTPAD IN GENERAL. I HAVE NO EXCUSE I'M SORRY I JUST GOT LAZY 😭😭

———

Dawit's eyes slowly blinked open as he was being gently shaken, adjusting to the light coming from the window. Was it morning already?

"Good morning, dear prince. Did you sleep well last night?" That sweet voice that woke him up everyday was enough to get him up and going. Suh Kyungmin.

Kyungmin was his personal maid that has been serving the family for years since they were both children. He soon became the highest ranking servant in their castle, so he was often away from Dawit nowadays. Although, he never missed a chance to say good morning to the prince.

"Oh, Kyungmin! Not really, but at least my day is going well."

"But you just woke up?"

"Yeah, don't think about it too hard." Dawit flashed his prince charming smile at the maid before getting up from his bed.

"Uhm… I laid out your clothes for you. The king would like you at the dining hall before 8." Kyungmin bowed. "I'll leave you to it, your highness."

"Thank you, Kyungmin." Dawit watched sadly as the younger left. Soon, he was by himself in the large room.

He undressed from his nightwear and put on the clothes he was given. As always, Kyungmin was the most fashionable person in the palace. His sister loved to steal him away to ask his opinion for fashion. It made Dawit jealous, but he knew his sister had her eyes on a certain baker girl.

Leaving his room excitedly, he was only met with disappointment. Usually Kyungmin would be there to escort him, but instead it was Donghyun. His bestfriend, but not the exact person he was looking for.

"Didn't expect me, did'ya, princey?" Donghyun teased. By far, he was the earliest but also the worst at his job and was close to getting kicked out. However, with some begging and puppy eyes from toddler Dawit, he was allowed to stay.

The older only rolled his eyes, walking without a word. Maybe his day isn't as good as he thought. "Where is he?"

"Kyungmin? He's busy preparing the servants for the princess' party. You didn't forget that she's turning 18 today, did you?"

"Of course I didn't! I'm a year younger than her. And that means I'm turning 18 next year…"

Dawit never liked the number 18. Because 18 for a boy meant a coronation. And a coronation meant he would become king. And becoming king meant marriage. And marriage meant he had no chance with the one he truly loved…

He didn't want anyone else but Kyungmin. That's why today, he set it upon himself to get what he wants and ask him out to the party.

If he can get past his overwhelming shyness, of course.

They made it to the dining room, Donghyun bowing to the royal family before turning around and leaving. The only people allowed in the dining room were guards and each family member's personal servants.

Well, except for Kyungmin. Instead, Hyunwoo, a lower ranking servant, took his spot.

Dawit sighed, sitting down on his seat right next to his sister. Hyunwoo was a good friend of his, too. But he wasn't who he was looking for.

"You seem upset, Dawit-ah. What's on your mind?" The queen asked. Right, her and the king knew nothing about the prince's infatuation with a certain maid.