the calm and the storm - 04z

sorry that i haven't been posting :( i'll work on your requests soon!!

---

Hyunwoo was foul mouthed and mean.

Of course, he was a delinquent. It was just part of his teenage nature to be rebellious, yet no matter how much he swears, there would always be a flock of people fawning over him. He was handsome, so they didn't care for his personality.

Hyunwoo loved the attention, so he didn't bother to try and shoo people away. In fact, he had a sick joy out of rejecting people and tearing up their love letters right in front of their faces. Love wasn't his thing and he's made it very clear in the past, yet love seems to keep trying to force it's way into his life.

His parents were disappointed in him, but usually, they were too drunk to even notice when he came home. His friends were nothing but fakes, using him for his fame in hopes they can get some, too. His admirers never cared about love. All they cared about his pretty face they can use for their next Instagram story.

The only thing that brought him an ounce of joy was basketball. When he isn't smoking and singing karaoke with his clique, he was in the court with Yewang and Jaeho, two underclassmen who seemed to understand him better than anyone. However, there was another thing that brought him joy.

Cho Minwoo, the student council treasurer.

Hyunwoo wasn't a stranger to detention. He'd need ten pairs of hands to count how many times he's been there. Usually, the principal is busy, so he sends in a student council member to keep an eye on him. The president was always too busy, the vice president was part of every club, the secretary was sickly and always in the nurse's office.

So, that left the treasurer, Cho Minwoo. Unlike Dawit who was strict and aggressive, unlike Donghyun who was laid back and liked to joke, unlike Kyungmin who was quiet but had the eyes of a hawk, Minwoo was gentle. He was kind, yet strict. He was the perfect candidate for his position.

Hyunwoo can't help but feel butterflies in his stomach when he's around.

When he's around, Hyunwoo can't form sentences properly. He'd mix up the is' and ares, his tongue twisting in ways he never knew it could. That's why Minwoo always wondered why he was so quiet in detention when he knew he was notoriously mean.

Hyunwoo can't even get himself to swear when a pen falls or when he leans back a little too much in his seat, causing him to stumble. He wanted to know the reason why, yet all of his researches come to one conclusion.

No, he can't. At least not yet. He hardly knew the guy but with a simple wave and a smile, his legs turn into jelly and his mind goes fuzzy. He remembers his brother telling him something about love once, after finding out about his numerous admirers.

You'll know the right time and person has come when you can't be yourself anymore.

There was this girl he liked just a few months ago, but ever since he noticed how he acted around Minwoo, he wondered if he even liked her in the first place. Maybe he did like her, but it's just that he loves Minwoo which makes it different.

When he danced, Hyunwoo was put in a trance. The way his body moved so elegantly yet powerful, in sync with the music. Sometimes, he'd follow Yejun to the place they practice, just to see him dance. Everytime his sweaty hair stuck to his forehead, his tongue glides over his lips to moisten it, his body staggered as he tried to get a move right, Hyunwoo's heart does flips.

Soon, his friends found out after being sent to detention with him. They teased him when he turned into putty from Minwoo's delicate laugh from afar. Of course, Hyunwoo cussed them out and made sure to give them a smack on the head for good measure.