heart me - keumden

requested by @cokacafee

---

"I'm telling you now, Hyunwoo. I'm not a big book guy, you know?" Donghyun said, taking another bite from the cold popsicle in his hand. It was midsummer, so the temperature increased by the second.

"I know, hyung, but please! I wrote this book and it's finally out in bookstores! You can just read it at the library if you don't wanna buy it." Hyunwoo frowned.

Hyunwoo was an author. His books were often published online on different websites until a few weeks ago when he decided to try out selling a physical book. It was his first time doing it but eventually, his first novel finally reached the shelves.

Donghyun sighed. "Alright, fine. I'm a good friend after all." He said teasingly, getting an eye roll from the other. "Said the one who wasn't going to read my book."

"Sorry I'm not a nerd, Hyunwoo-ah." He said sarcastically.

"Books are not nerdy! Even Dawit hyung reads books and he does all kinds of sports!" The younger complained only to receive an unbelieving look from the other.

"Dawit hyung is a nerd, and so are you." Donghyun said. While the two often went on library outings, Donghyun would always pass the offer, saying the books hurt his brain. It does, actually. His eyes aren't what they used to be.

"Ugh, you're insufferable." Hyunwoo groaned and jogged away, just fast enough that Donghyun would have to run to catch up to him.

"Hey- wait up!" The older called out. Curse him and his long ass legs.

They arrived at Dawit's house and took out a spare key from under the rug, letting themselves in leisurely. "Hi hyung!" Hyunwoo greeted enthusiastically, waving at the older.

"Wha- hey! You didn't knock!" Dawit complained, looking up from the laptop on his lap. Donghyun lazily knocked a few times on the opened door before locking it behind him.

"Happy?"

"Yes, thank you." Dawit turned back to his work, completely ignoring the two unwanted visitors in his home.

The three of them have been friends for years, Dawit and Donghyun since they're elementary days and Hyunwoo joining in during high school. Since then, they've just kinda been living with each other in Dawit's house. Of course, they have their own apartments but aren't there much anyways.

Dawit was an architect and was often bombarded with work, Donghyun was a full-time dance mentor in his own dance studio, and Hyunwoo was a journalist and author.

"So, what did you say your book was about?" Donghyun asked, grabbing a bag of veggie chips from the pantry.

"Well, first of all, it's roman-"

"Aaaaand I'm gonna stop you right there." The older said, pressing a finger against the younger's lip. Donghyun can tolerate books of any genre, but romance?! It made him sick to his stomach. All that... sweet and gushy stuff... ew.

"What? It's cute!"

"Eugh, I can't believe how you can even read romance, let alone write it!" The blonde said, making a dramatic disgusted expression.

"Just give it a try, hyung! You'll like it! It's written by yours truly, of course." Hyunwoo tried to convince.

"I didn't say I wasn't gonna read it." He flicked the taller's forehead. "I just won't enjoy the genre."

"You're so hard to please." Hyunwoo rolled his eyes. "Here, I have a library card for you to check out with."

"Oh, I don't plan on taking it home, actually. I think I'll just read it in the library." Donghyun stated. The library was fully air conditioned, while his apartment was barely 2 minutes away from melting. There was no way he would survive there.