58: surprise text

Mulai dari awal

"Stop it. You're making me blush."

"I think it's Harry that's doing that," she chuckled and gave my hands a quick squeeze. "Now, I love Harry. But please use protection. I don't want to be a great grandparent just yet."

"Oh my gosh, Gram. It's not like that," I groaned and stood from the table. I picked up my laptop and head to the door, stopping and turning to look at her. "I'm going to go see my sister, but I can guarantee you that you should probably have that talk with her, not me. Harry and I haven't had sex." I turned on my heel and took off towards the stairs, taking two at a time to make it up them.

I got in my room and set my laptop on my desk, exchanging it for my phone before turning and heading to my sister's room.

I knocked three times before she popped her head out, a big smile on her face.

"Hi Char!"

"Hey, sorry to bug you-"

"You're not bugging me, what's up?" she asked, holding the door open for me to enter. I walked in and sat down on her bed, while she followed quickly behind.

"So, I know you don't want to talk about it, but it needs to happen," I mumbled, looking down at my hands. "When are you going back to Toronto? Gram is wondering, and she keeps bugging me."

She let out a large sigh, flipping back onto the bed, "That's the whole thing, Char..."

"What is?"

"I don't think I'm going back."

My eyes widened as I looked down at her. "Really?" I asked too excitedly, seeing her head nod slowly. "That's exciting!"

"I miss it. I miss it so much, but I have nothing left there."

"You do. You have Hunter and all your friends-"

"I lied before, Charli. Hunter and I broke up long before I came here. I was staying with one of his friends, but I couldn't do it any longer. It was too hard to see him every day," she sighed and covered her face with her hands. "He started dating this friend I was staying with, and it was too difficult so that's when I knew I had to come home. I had to come back to the life I was running away from."

I was speechless, listening to this confession come from her. I shifted on the bed and moved next to her, pulling her in for a hug, "Why couldn't you just tell me this? Why lie?"

"I showed up out of nowhere. I know you didn't want me here, so I wasn't going to bore you with the soap opera of my life. Living with my ex's new girlfriend, hearing them together hurt more and more every time."

"Oh, Georgie."

"It's fine. I'm over it now," she smiled sheepishly. "So I went to the mall and found a travel agency. I got them to book me a one-way ticket to London and that was that. I bought some luggage, and went back to my place and started packing. It was so abrupt, that I barely said goodbye to any of my friends there. They were all his friends though, so it was hard to not see him when I invited everyone over to let them know."

"Oh," I was somewhat speechless, just looking down at her in shock.

"That's when Hunter pulled me aside in the apartment, telling me that he wanted to be the one to drop me off at the airport. I knew it would be the right thing to do, although probably the hardest thing to do," she shrugged and looked up at me. "But I'm staying here. I'm not leaving you, Gram, Gramps or Niall. I'm here for good."

"Good!" I cheered loudly. "Look, I know I wasn't happy when you showed up, mostly because I was so mad that you left in the first place. But I can't tell you how happy I am that you're back, and you're staying! It'll be good for you to be back in a steady environment. Niall doesn't hurt your situation either," I sent her a quick wink.