40 | Phone call

CRASH

The young woman panicked as she crawled over to the prince and did a terrible job of trying to dry him off.

"What the fuck!?" Yonji had fallen to the floor and the tray of drinks had spilt all over him. The woman who was waving a towel over him looked terrified, she was apologising and internally praying that Yonji wasn't going to kill her.

"I'm so sorry Prince Yonji! I wasn't looking where I was going and I-!" 

"Just shut up." Yonji got to his feet, leaving the woman on the floor.

"I-I'm so s-sorry Prince Yonji!" She bowed at his feet, her face pressed into the ground.

"I don't have time for this. Clean up this mess and don't talk to me, I have somewhere to be and someone to meet." With that, Yonji set off down the hall with his hands in his pockets.

"T-Thank you Prince Yonji!" 

...

BANG

BANG 

BANG

Zoro's heavy eyelids flickered open. His fight or flight was immediately triggered when he heard the loud banging on the metal bars. He felt weak, almost like he was a corpse that was still rotting away.

"Wake up dickhead!" A voice shouted from outside the cell. Zoro could barely lift his head, but he managed.

The slicked back green haired man stood with his back against the bars, knocking on them loudly. 

"..The fuck do you want..?" Zoro said, his voice cracking with every word.

"Shush! We can't let anyone hear this." Yonji said, turning to face Zoro. Yonji's sudden behaviour caught Zoro off guard, what secret would he possibly need to tell a prisoner?

"Your dumb friends are going to pick you up soon, but my father plans to kill you and your crew."

".."

"Listen, I don't want you to die. Well, I do. But I don't. I just want to inconvenience my brothers."

"So you're telling me this out of spite for your siblings?"

"Yes, no, kind of-Ugh! Just follow what I tell you to do." 

"Okay."

"I have a transponder snail, you can call your friends and devise some sort of plan. I don't care what you do, as long as it doesn't bother me." Yonji pushed the green transponder snail through the bars and watched as Zoro tried shuffling forward.

"Go on, call."

"Wait."

"What."

"Why are you doing this? I know it's not just out of spite, there's something else." Zoro said.

"It's none of your fucking business! Just call the number and get on with it." Yonji was starting to lose his temper. He huffed as Zoro crawled a short distance and used his elbow to push the buttons.

"I can't reach."

"You can't reach what?"

"Number 9."

Yonji sighed and reached his arm through the bar and clicked on the '9' button. He pushed the snail back to Zoro and the phone began to ring.

The phone made a chime sound and the call began.

"H-hello?" Zoro groaned through the phone.

"Who is this? What do you want?" It was a woman's voice, but not any woman. Nami.

"Nami? It's me, Zoro."

There was silence on the other side of the phone.

"You think this is some sort of joke? You think it's funny to pretend to be Zoro and call us? You're fucking sick. Kill your selves."

Zoro's eyes widened.

"No, Nami, this is me! The green one let me have a phone call, he's being strangely generous. He wants to help me leave."

"Can you not call me 'the green one?'" Yonji spat from outside the cell.

"..."

"Holy shit. It's really you?" 

"Yes, we need to make a plan to help Sanji leave this place." 

The room went silent. The only sound was a soft sob over the phone.

"Thank Roger you're safe! I was so worried, LUFFY!"

Zoro waited as the loud noises died down and Nami's voice came back.

"It's been so long, are you badly hurt?" 

"It's not too bad, just hungry. I have a question, how long has it actually been?"

"Since you were...gone? About three months, we've been preparing a lot. I promise we'll be there. How is Sanji?"

Zoro's frown deepened just from thinking about Sanji.

"He's-... not himself. But he's not dead. Not yet." Zoro said. Nami went silent.

"Trust me Zoro, we'll get you home soon, just hold on as much as you can." Nami finished, she sounded worried.

"I'll be waiting." 

"Goodbye Zoro. Good luck."

...

Nami ended the call and put the phone back down on the transponder snails back. Luffy was near her, looking worried.

"What did they say?" He asked.

Nami stayed silent and walked past him and out of the door.

"Nami wait-!"

She stepped onto the deck and breathed in the sea breeze. Her hair whipped around in the wind as she walked to the railing. Nami looked out onto the wide ocean waters. The sun was about to set.

"Sanji, Zoro.

Please wait for us. We'll be there soon.

Hold on to life, and no matter what

Don't let go."

The end (for now)~

Hello everyone! Just wanted to officially say that this book has ended, but there will be another one coming soon that will continue this story. But thank you so much for reading! I once again apologise for any grammar mistakes, I am dyslexic so it's hard to always get everything right. 

Please look at the second book that will follow when it comes out, I just wanted to clean up the chapters because I have a busy schedule and it's easier to just split this story in half.

But again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Author out~

❤️❤️❤️