31 | Princes

Zoro was drained.

He could barely feel his legs and all his bones ached. 

Three hours ago, some people came and took Sanji away again. Zoro had shouted for them to leave him, but they didn't listen to the worn out prisoner. Sanji hadn't woken up, so he couldn't ask him anything. But Zoro didn't know when he'd wake up, or even if he'd wake up.

"Hey! Prison rat!" 

Zoro tilted his head to the stone stairway as several men walked closer, armed with guns. They all approached the cell and looked at Zoro like he was a lion in a cage.

"They had to send several of us down here to deal with you, apparently you're quite tough." One of them said, pulling a key from his pocket and handing it to the person in front of the lock. 

"Be careful, he might bite you." They all chuckled before opening the door and stepping inside the cell.

Zoro growled and tugged at the chains. He wanted to rip their throats apart.

"Roronoa Zoro, the pirate hunter, right?" 

Zoro glared at them. The man who was speaking knelt down in front of him and grabbed his chin.

"You look so pathetic, like a dog chained up in his kennel. Come on, bark for me." 

Zoro opened his mouth and sunk his teeth into the man's hand. The soldier pulled his hand away and spat on Zoro before kicking him in the side of the head.

"Fucking bastard!" 

Zoro groaned and sputtered blood from his mouth. Zoro saw that he drew blood from the soldiers hand, he smiled to himself.

"We'll take him to Judge." The soldier ordered.

"But, didn't the princes want to talk to him?" Another one added.

"Fine, what do they even want with him anyway?"

"They ordered us to take him to them, did they not?" 

One of the men unattached Zoro's chain that attached to the wall, making him free but still unable to use his hands and arms.

Zoro was about to launch at the men before one spoke.

"I wouldn't advise you to attack us, your wanted poster say dead or alive. And you want the Third Prince to stay safe, don't you?"

Zoro scowled and let them pull him up and out of the cell by the chain on his wrists. They walked up the stairs, the light blinded Zoro's eyes. 

They had been in darkness for far too long.

...

The large door opened and revealed the old-fashioned drawing room. There was a large table in the middle, displaying a chessboard with two peculiar men sitting opposite each other.

There were three people in the room. One of the men had slicked back green hair and a smirk hanging loosely on his face. The other, who faced the green one, had blue hair that was strangely styled to cover one of his eyes. He looked angry as he gazed on the chessboard.

The last man was sitting between them, a glass of red wine in hand. His hair was crimson red, and looked just like the blue haired man's. He seemed more mature, sitting at the head of the table with a manipulative smile.

There was one thing they all had in common.

Curled eyebrows.

"Your move, Niji."