Damien looks just as uncomfortable having to lay down with me while someone is present, but still he doesn't hesitate to climb in and wrap me up into his arms like he had done the night before when I dreamt so clearly.

"Now once you're asleep you need to seek his presence out, you'll need to try to reach out harder to him than ever before if this is going to work." Persephone tells me intently.

"I'm ready, I can do this." I swear my limbs are trembling in anticipation, though I try not to show it.

She nods, leaning in closely. "Let's begin then."

Damien goes to open his mouth just to have Persephone hush him with her hand. She smiles at me and winks before whispering, "Sleep."

Slowly consciousness fades and I'm sent into the never ending darkness.

"Jericho?" I call out.

I wait a moment while the silence surrounds me. "Jericho?" I call out again, louder.

"My mate." My heart leaps at the sound of his voice, the slight hesitation instantly making my mind jump to conclusions of the worst kind.

"We're coming to get you, I promise. We will be together again soon."

"My mate, will you ever cease to amaze me?"

"Oh Jericho," tears begin forming in the corner of my eyes as I sense it.

Her presence.

"Oh goddess it fucking worked." I cry out.

I can sense Persephone's presence, before I sense someone else too.

Damien?

The darkness seems like it begins to shatter all around me, loud rumbles that shake the very air.

"Eden! Get up!" Persephone's voice calls out to me, waking me from the abyss.

I sit up frantically as my eyes dart around the room, only to land on Damien dragging Jericho's limp body from a portal Persephone stands beside, seeming to lead to the world we just rescued him from.

Just as the world collapses Persephone closes the portal, sealing away the destruction left behind.

I jump from the bed and over to my mate, knowing it won't feel real until I can hold him within my arms again.

My knees land with a loud thud in front of Damien as he cradles Jericho's body. He looks at me before setting Jericho's upper body on my lap.

I hold him close as I stare at his face as his eyes remain closed, I slowly caress his face, silently begging for him to open them.

"Jericho?"

He weakly presses his face into my hand before opening his eyes, looking at me with his golden gaze.

"Jericho!" I cry out in relief, not caring how ridiculous I come across as I begin sobbing and holding him close to me.

"My mate. My Jericho. I thought I had lost you.."

He smiles weakly before closing his eyes again, seeming to be very weak.

"Persephone?" She seems to know my unspoken question.

"He's okay, he's just very weak. He'll need time to recover from what has happened to him." She says in a calming voice as she sets a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

Damien places a hand on Jericho's chest as he begins chanting quietly. His breathing grows steady, his skin seeming to take on a healthy glow as well.

He's helping restore his strength.