Chapter Twenty-Three - Madi

I'd been back in Texas for a week and a half. My flight to Australia had been pushed back to January sixth, but I knew from the insinuations in Cam's text messages and phone calls, that he hoped he'd be able to just cancel that flight entirely and keep me here with him.

Emily had done what he'd asked of her and had managed to find flights for all of my family and Paige. I'd asked her to keep the fact that they're first class seats a secret so that they would get an early Christmas present. I cannot begin to explain how excited my Mother was, with being able to come over here and see her best friend for the first time in years. She was beyond ecstatic.

Seeley didn't really understand when I told her that we weren't going home any more and that we were staying here for Christmas, but as soon as she found out that Cam would be here to spend Christmas with her, she started squealing, jumping up and down and running around like a chipmunk on speed. She kept alternating between telling anyone that would listen that either "Santa's coming!" or "Cam's coming!". Sometimes it was a sing-song with them blended together. I loved seeing my baby girl so happy.

Cam was due home in three days and Christmas was exactly two weeks after that. He'd told me that the other guys would all be there for Christmas day with their families as well. I was looking forward to seeing everyone again. Tania was absolutely in her element getting everything ready to cater for the hordes of people that were about to descend on the Farley Ranch.

When I told Sarah that Theo would be coming for Christmas, she got all jittery and stuttered out a few words that sounded like 'Oh my god!' and 'I gotta get my hair done!', but I couldn't be certain. I found it entirely hilarious and my laughing at her earned me a slap to the back of the head, which just made me laugh harder.

Paige was coming in on a flight tomorrow and my parents and brothers, the day after that, so Tania, Sarah, Seeley and I were spending today shopping and making ourselves beautiful. The making ourselves beautiful part wasn't something that I took time out to do very often, but Tania and Sarah insisted.

Cam had been completely pissed at me for telling him that I loved him at a time when I knew he wouldn't be able to answer me. That had been my plan, because it would have given him an easy out if it freaked him, but he'd spent the last week and a half sending me the sweetest text messages and leaving me adorable voicemail messages to wake up to most mornings. He'd even sent me a picture message of him looking all forlorn, holding a sign that read 'Miss you so bad!'.

I'd wanted to laugh and cry when I saw it. My heart ached more with every day that we were apart. I was pretty sure that I was driving Sarah crazy with my pining for him and going by the text messages from the rest of Freight Train, Cam was annoying them all with his separation anxiety too.

Cam still hadn't said that he loved me, but I was kind of hoping that was just because he wanted to say it in person for the more personal touch.

"You ready?" Came a voice from in front of me. I looked up to see one of the day spa ladies standing in front of me with her eyebrows raised. Though her face looked so tight, that maybe she'd had them altered so that they always looked raised? I hadn't realised that I was off in space until then. I hoped she'd only called on me once, otherwise I was going to be even more embarrassed than I already was.

"Ah.. Yeah. Sorry." I said and she smiled the most fake smile on the planet back at me. I felt like slapping her and put my aggression down to sexual frustration. Funny how I'd gone years without sex, but now that I'd tasted Cam, I couldn't get enough and the fact that he was still touring and I was here, meant that I wasn't getting any. I sure hoped that he wasn't either. I mentally slapped myself for having that thought. I needed to have more trust in my rock star. My rock star... That had a nice ring to it. I found myself smiling like an idiot, but for once, didn't care.