Chapter Seventeen - Madi

Hearing Cam describe my passion for my work so accurately was incredible. It was exactly how I felt and how I would describe it myself.

"Well I guess since Cam just stormed out of the studio, that means our interview is over. I hope all of you out there enjoyed hearing from the members of Freight Train this morning and that those of you lucky enough to have tickets to tonight's sold out concert, have a great time. We'll be right back after these short messages from our sponsors."

I had no idea what was going on, but when I looked at Seth, he nodded towards the door and mouthed 'go' at me, so I did.

The doors to the elevator that Cam was in, were closing, so I rushed over and pushed them open. Cam was facing the back wall, but spun around when he heard the doors opening. I quickly pushed the close doors button before he could push me back out.

"You shouldn't have come after me." He said with a fierce edge to his voice.

"Why not? Why did you leave like that?"

"Because I don't know what the hell is going on!" He yelled and I took a step back towards the doors. He looked upset that he'd scared me and took a tentative step towards me. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He added softly and I shrugged like it was nothing.

"What do you mean you don't know what's going on?" I pushed. He raked his right hand roughly through his hair and groaned.

"With you! You reckon that I've been messing with your head, but you have completely screwed me up!"

"I'm... I'm sorry... I don't know..." I didn't get the chance to finish. Not that I knew what I was going to say. Cam pushed me up against the side of the elevator car and glared down at me. I was expecting him to yell at me some more, but instead, he lowered his lips down to brush them against mine. When he pulled away, there was agony etched across his face.

"Why can't I stop doing that? Why is it that all I want to do is touch you and be near you? When I took off this morning, I swear to God I left my heart behind, because I felt like a numb version of myself until I saw you in that booth upstairs."

"Oh Cam.." I said, reaching up to cup his cheek.

"I'm not a one woman kind of guy. I usually enjoy having a different one each night, but right now, that thought makes me feel sick to my stomach. You've turned me into a pussy, Madison!" He still had me pinned up against the wall, but when the doors opened, he quickly stepped back. "I'll see you guys back at the bus later." He added before walking out.

"Cam wait! What about lunch?"

"I'm not hungry." He threw over his shoulder without looking back.

I stood to the side of the elevator waiting for the rest of the band to make their way down. I smiled brightly at them when they finally stepped out and we made our way back to the SUV parked in the underground car park.

"I take it Cam isn't coming to lunch?" Asked Theo. I shook my head.

"He said he wasn't hungry and that he'd meet us back at the bus later." I replied.

"He'd better be out of this mood before the concert tonight, otherwise I'll kick his ass into the crowd!" Mumbled Seth.

"No you won't." I said and softly touched his arm. "Because he's your best friend and they'd almost certainly cripple him before security got there to pull him out."

"You should have met me first." He said and I looked at him with a frown.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. Doesn't matter. Let's go eat." He said as we stepped into the car.