Chapter Thirteen - Madi

I must be going crazy, because instead of feeling relieved that Nurse Sally had interrupted us, I wanted to turn around and slap her.

Was I that deprived of male attention that I was letting Cameron Farley get to me?

I think I needed to visit a bar and let a few guys buy me drinks. That would give me a good dose of attention from the opposite sex and it was something I hadn't done for a while. I wondered if any of Cam's band mates would take me and keep an eye on me while we were there.

No.. That's a stupid idea. They were Freight Train. They'd pick up quicker than me and disappear before I'd ordered my first drink.

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Farley needs some rest. The doctor just informed me that if his wound is looking any better by tomorrow morning, then you can take him home with you tomorrow afternoon."

"Rippa!" Was Cam's response. "I bloody hate hospitals. No offence." He added, looking over at Nurse Sally. "None taken. Not many people do enjoy being in them." She said with a laugh. Cam looked over at me again and I smiled. He was still holding my hand and it felt so warm against my skin.

"Well I better go." I smiled before letting his hand go, picking up my hand bag and starting to walk towards the door.

"You are allowed to kiss him goodbye." Said Nurse Sally. I stopped short and stared at her.

"Sorry?"

"You are his girlfriend aren't you? He has a sore arm, not sore lips." She said and I heard Cam snicker from behind me. I turned and looked at him. He had the cheekiest of grins on his face.

"Yeah. I am."

"Yeah Sunshine... My lips aren't sore at all." He said with a wink. I made myself relax and walked back to him.

"Sorry baby. I guess I'm just a bit overly worried." I smiled at him and leaned down. I had intended on just lightly brushing my lips over his, but as soon as I was close enough, Cam reached up with his good arm, grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me down, crushing my lips onto his.

The passion in his lips made mine feel like they were burning and when he opened his mouth slightly and ran the tip of his tongue along them, tremors of delight ran down to my toes. My right hand found it's way up to cup his cheek and the coarseness of his stubble against my palm, intensified the feelings of ignition ripping through my traitorous body. I didn't want to feel anything for Cam, but my body didn't seem to give two hoots.

Nurse Sally gave a small cough from the end of the bed and I slowly pulled out of the kiss. Cam was still holding the back of my neck and held our foreheads together.

"No way I wasn't going to take advantage of that." He whispered, so that only I could hear him. His voice had a husky edge to it all of a sudden and it was sexy as all get-out. I didn't know if I'd be able to speak, so didn't bother trying. "I'll miss you, my little ray of Sunshine." He said louder.

"I'll.." My voice cracked, so I cleared my throat. "I'll miss you too honey."

He moved slightly, so that he could kiss me on the forehead. "I'll call you tomorrow after the doctor has been in to see me. Then Scott can come and get me."

"You don't want me here with you?" I couldn't tell whether I was still acting or not.

"Nah it's all good. Maybe you can try and get some pictures of the guys relaxing and what not." He said and I suddenly remembered why I was in America in the first place.

"I should get a picture of you in here. Everyone is going to want to know all about it. At least in the biography, it'll have the truth about what happened."