Once he was secured I stepped back looking him over and ran my hand over my face. He peeked up at me from his spot on the ground but tensed as Kora came up Behind me.

She was worried we both were. "What now?" She spoke quietly and I turned away from Kion to face her. "I- I don't know..." I admitted.

We may have prevented Kion from telling the tribe for now but once night falls, my people shall realize he hasn't returned. They will send others out to look for the missing youngling. We can't keep him here.

"El, I don't think tying him up is the right move, he's just a kid. Look at him, he's scared enough as is." She rubbed her arms out of nervous habit while looking towards the boy and I growled in frustration while looking towards the forest. 

"Maybe we could talk to him?" Returning my eyes to koras I could see her soft smile. But behind that smile there was just as much fear and uncertainty coursing through her as there was through me. I nodded in agreement and we both looked at the youngling. 

Kora cleared her throat before cautiously approaching the boy and speaking. "Hello!"

Immediately upon her approach, kion whimpered and tried to scoot back, away from her in fear while watching us with wide eyes. Of course he's terrified of her, of humans… with talok and the others constantly talking bad about them and over exaggerating About the dangers of humans kion had had no real encounters to go based off of.

Kora stopped in her approach, frowning at the scared boy. Sighing I put my hand on her shoulder and nodded as she looked at me. 

I need to be the one to talk to him.

She hesitated before stepping away and giving us some space. I watched her walk away before looking at Kion and crouching down before him.  

"Why…why did you follow me out here?" I questioned and the boy lowered his head in shame, avoiding my eyes. 

"I-i wanted to know what you were up to-" he stuttered.

"Kion, you know it's dangerous! Why not talk to me?! Why go behind my back and spy on me!?" 

"I did! I did try to talk to you but you were too busy! You hardly paid any attention to me or anyone else! You just kept disappearing for days! We were supposed to go to shestal days ago but you were gone! I thought it was because of ratha and the hunt but you seemed unphased by her earlier today…" I could see tears forming in Kion's eyes as he spoke and I realized where I had messed up.

Faux, so that's what this is all about… truthfully I forgot about our trip to shestal, I had promised to take kion but then I found kora and those plans completely evaded my mind!

Groaning, I ran my hand through my hair and stared at the ground. This entire situation is all my fault…

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to leave you behind, it's just- something else happened, something important and I just–" with another sigh Iknicked myself in the head with my knuckles. 

Kion watched me before glancing towards kora. Behind the confusion and fear, there was a sense of curiosity and understanding.

"Elazar?" I stopped moping to look back at kion as he watched me. "Why are you with a human?" 

Why am I with a human? How did I even explain what all has happened? "It's complicated." I looked back to Kora who was currently making a campfire. 

As if starting to understand, Kion sat up straighter and spoke a bit more confidently. "Is the human the reason you kept leaving? The reason you were gone?"