Chapter 37| "peace"

•Emery's POV•

Emery's POV

I wake up with Grey's arms around my waist holding me close, his head tucking in-between my neck and jaw.

A warm overwhelming sense of peace grows in my stomach as I think about last night, I haven't slept that well in...I guess since we were last together.

Glancing towards the window I watch a pair of birds fly past the window, taking a deep breath I sigh in contentment.

Grey's arms tighten around me and I feel his breath tickle my neck, "Morning," He grumbles deeply sending a shiver through my whole body.

"Good morning," I whisper, he drags his thumb over my stomach drawing small circles.

"I'm going to go shower," I say causing him to raise his head.

"Save water?" He asks making me laugh.

"Goodbye," I say standing up, walking to my room I have a quick shower before getting ready for the day.

Wrapping the last strand of hair around my curling wand my phone lights up, tapping it I see a text.

Anthony: Can we meet up?

I stare at the text for a few seconds, before remembering I'm curling my hair I take the heat away just before my hair has a chance to fry off.

Why does he want to meet? And wouldn't he go through the palace if he wanted to talk?

I text back a simple Sure and ask when I finish getting ready, Since apparently, I'm going out I grab white pants and a navy blue top with a square neck. I paired it with a matching navy blue Dior bag and gold jewelry.

A/n: OAE

Specifically a certain gold locket. I smile looking at it through the reflection of the mirror, the details, everything about it is perfect.

Lastly, I add a spritz of my favourite perfume and leave my room, walking by Grey's room I hear the shower running so I continue to the kitchen.

While making coffee my phone buzzes again and it's Anthony asking if I want to go to a cafe nearby in about 10 minutes.

Sighing I run a hand over my forehead tiredly sending him back a text saying yes.

Grabbing a pen and paper from the office I bring it back to the kitchen and write Grey a note saying where I went leaving it out for him to see when he walks in. I also send him a text but I doubt he'll see it right away, hence the note.

Setting the pen down on the marble countertop I grab my shoes and throw on a coat before opening the door and stepping out.

It's early enough that the hallway is empty as I walk through, over the holiday a few people decorated the doors and bulletin boards making them festive with red white and green.