Chapter 32|"new york,new york"

•Emery's POV•

•Emery's POV•

The sound of something crashing startles me awake, rubbing my eyes as they adjust to the light I sit up.

A very shocked-looking maid stands beside the bed looking at me with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry Your Highness, I wasn't aware you were in here," She rushes to say.

"It's alright," I say calmly and she lets out a sigh of relief, "Not your fault I didn't tell anyone I was here," I add with a light laugh, It feels wrong laughing, even though it's a fake laugh intended to lighten the mood.

"I'll come back later," She says going to turn around.

"Oh no, I should be going now," I say getting up and straightening up my dress.

Before leaving I grab the note which had fallen onto the floor sometime during the night.

Back in the hallway, all the Christmas decorations had been taken down and the place was back to its usual dullness. Quickly I make my way back to my room without passing any rooms Mother and Father might be in.

"Emery! There you are I have been worried sick," Mother exclaims from behind me, Letting go of the door nob I turn around to look at her.

"Same outfit as yesterday?" She mumbles to herself looking me up and down. "Nether the mind, Go along and change we have an event to go to," She says rushing me along inside before I can protest.

She's mumbling to herself and pacing around my room before reaching for the closet door, grabbing her arm I stop her, "I'm not going," I state.

Her head whips back to me, "What do you mean you're not going?" She asks.

"I'm going back to New York, today," I say sternly.

"No, you can't you're needed here," She stresses.

"I'm going, you're not going to change my mind," I state.

She turns her head away from me and shuts her eyes tightly, "Mother?" I ask putting my hand on her shoulder.

She looks back at me with watery eyes, I never saw her cry much as a kid (mostly because I never saw her) now I'm not sure what to do.

"I'm truly sorry," She whispers pulling me into a tight hug, I freeze for a moment before hugging her back.

She pulls away but doesn't let me go, "I'll arrange transportation, you pack," She says.

'What?" I ask shocked that my Mother just said that, MY Mother?

"You want to go back don't you?" She asked and I nodded, "Then hurry up dear," She said pushing me towards the closet.

"What about Father?" I ask, this makes her stop.

"I'm not sure," She says, "I'll tell him something came up at school and you needed to return," She decides.

"What about Anthony and the engagement?" I ask.