Chapter 31| "broken"

•Greyson's POV•

•Greyson's POV•

What. The. Fuck.

Emery runs off down the hallway, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Again. What the fuck?

Following behind her I watch her run into her room and shut the door behind her, As I get closer I can hear the muffled sounds of her crying from inside the room.

I raise my fist to knock on the door, the sounds echo through the hallway.

"Em?" I ask resting my forehead on the door. I wait for a few moments before turning away, Just as I step away I hear the lock on her door clicking and the creek of the old doors opening.

She looks at me with an almost pity-like look, the tip of her nose is red from all the crying, she turns around and walks back into her room but leaves the door open I take that as an invitation and follow her in.

"Emery, what's wrong?" I ask standing right behind her, I put my hand on her shoulder but she doesn't say anything.

My mind is racing a million miles a second,

Did I do something wrong?

As I'm playing over every conversation we had today trying to see where I went wrong she turns around, my heart breaks seeing her tear-stained cheeks.

Unconsciously I raise my thumb and wipe away the fallen tears, She shuts her eyes tightly like she's in pain.

I hate seeing her like this, I would do anything right now to see that pretty little smile of hers again.

"I-I c-can't" She mutters before collapsing into me, my arms immediately wrap around her waist holding her up.

"Can't what Em?" I ask, it's killing me not to know what's hurting her so much.

"Can't do this," She whispers into my chest, so quietly I barely heard.

"Love, you have to talk to me," I say.

"I can't," She states pulling away from me, I watch as she sits on the edge of her bed.

"Why's that," I ask sitting beside her.

"Because I'm scared," She says softly.

"I can't help you Em if I don't know what's wrong," I say in a softer voice.

"There's nothing I can do now," She states in a defeated sort of voice. A piece of hair falls from its position tied up, without a second thought I reach over and tuck the strand behind her ear.

She turns to look at me, Her eyes are red from crying. I don't move my hand from its spot now cupping her jaw.

"Beautiful," I whisper to myself, she gives me a faint smile before I watch her eyes get glasses again.