Chapter 2 | "valentine academy"

•Emery's POV•

Emery's POV•

"Are you sure you packed everything?"

"Yes Bella, for the last time I've got everything,"

"I just don't want you to forget anything,"

"It'll be ok, anything I forget I can buy when I get there,"

"I guess," she sighs, "do you know what your dorm is going to look like yet?"

"No, but father said I'll live by myself,"

"I hope you make friends or else you're going to be very lonely,"

"Thank you, for that,"

"No problem," She smiles.

There is a soft knock on my door, and Annabelle stands up to opens it.

"Ma'am," he says bowing at Bella and me, "three hours till you have to leave for your flight," he informs us.

"Thank you," he closes the door.

"You should go see mother before you leave," Bella suggests.

"I will but I want to spend as much time with you," I pull her into a hug.

"You're going to call right?" Bella asked me.

"I'm going to call so much you're going to block my number," I reassure.

"Good," she nods.

• • •

Walking down I knock softly on the door to my mother's office.

"Come in," my mother called from inside her office.

"I have to leave now," I inform her.

She stands from her desk, "Oh ok, come here let me give you a hug," she opens her arms.

"I'm going to miss you," I mumble into her shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you too my darling," she lets go of me and wipes under her eye where a tear has fallen.

"Ok," she coughs and clears her throat, running her hand over her dress straightening out the non-existent wrinkles.

"Goodbye, Mother,"

"See you soon my dear," I leave her office.

As much as I may dislike her and tell myself I don't need her, she's my mother I will always love her and want her around for guidance, comfort and other motherly things.

Also considering I'm taking her job in a few years it might be nice to be on speaking terms with the lady who has held that job for the past thirty years.

"Emery, wait," Father calls from down the hall.

Lord help me now.

"Yes Father," I reply in my sweetest voice quickly turning around.