Chapter 14| "lights out"

•Emery's POV•

•Emery's POV•

The sun shines in brightly hitting my face, Slowly opening my eyes they water slightly from the light. I go to sit up realizing that I can't.

Strong arms are wrapped around my waist holding me to a chest.

All the memories from last night hit me like a wave, I told myself I would back away from him. Let these unwelcome feelings die down.

And here I am, with him in my bed, and it's my fault I was the one who asked him to stay because I couldn't stand the idea of being alone.

I sigh internally not only because this isn't supposed to be happening but also because it's hard to ignore that this is probably the most comfortable I've been in a while.

It certainly has something to do with the dark brunette-haired boy who annoys me to no end and is currently holding onto me like I'm about to fly away.

Glancing at the clock, my alarm is going to go off soon. Trying my best to not wake him I slide off of his grasp. Once I'm out I look back down at him.

He's sporting wildly messy hair, then again his hair always looks messy but in a way that would happen if you run your hand through your hair a thousand times a day.

Which I have noticed is a bit of a habit of his...stop.

This is getting creepy, snapping out of my trance I grab my outfit of the day and head to my bathroom to get ready.

After a quick shower and putting lotion over my whole body I change into today's dress. It's a warm off-white colour with little blue flowers scattering the dress, the skirt portion is three tiers and stops before my knees.

Keeping it simple with makeup and hair, I add everyday gold jewelry as the finishing touch.

Walking out Greyson is still sleeping in the same position I left him in.

I have quite a busy day today, Classes till 3 then a meeting with my parents. They scheduled it a few days ago and I'll admit I've been stressing about what it's about.

It's highly out of character for them to just want to talk, so I must have done something wrong.

Skipping breakfast I went straight to my language class...

Ryan,

Ryan is in this class.

It's fine, I won't talk to him or even look his way. Hesitantly I walk into class scanning the room I don't see him. that's a good sign.

Taking my usual seat I get out my laptop and finish up some work. Every time the door opens my eyes fly that way, and every time I sigh with relief, it's never him.

Soon enough class starts and he never shows. Char and I made plans to go for lunch today which is great because we have some serious catching up to do.

• • •