24. Bad Blood

"I want them dead." Robert barked. It was his last order. 

Ned was right, when they got to the throne room, Cersei and Joffrey were surrounded by their knights. Ned looked around to his men. 

'All hail your Grace King Joffrey of house Baratheon and Lannister the first of his name the king of the andals and the first man, lord of the seven kingdoms and protector of the realm.' Ned walked forward his cane clicking on the ground his leg still throbbing but he had a mission. Joffrey sat on the iron Throne.

'I command the council to make all necessary arrangement for my coronation' Joffrey demanded 'I wish to be crowned within the Fortnight. Odds of fealty from my loyal council.'

'Ser barriston I believe no man here could have any question of your honor,' ned said he handed over the scroll to which he had wrote with Robert before he died

'It is King Roberts seal unbroken.' he announced stepping forward. 'Lord Eddard stark is here named protector of the realm,' he announced 'to rule as regent until the rightful heir comes of age.' Barristion said as cersei stood up

'May I see that letter ser Barristion?' Cersei requested sweetly but there was venom in her voice.

'Of course your Grace.' he walked up the steps delivering it to her before walking down. Sandor stared back at them, a dutiful guard to the king what a promotion he thought glumly.

'Protector of the realm?' She asked 'is this meant to be your shield lord stark?' she said ripping it up a piece of paper. She tore the pieces up throwing them to the ground.

'Those are the Kings words, the kings words!' ser barristion declared. He knew now more than ever that Cersei and JOffrey should never hold the power. They needed to do something. 

''We have a new King now' she informed him 'lord Eddard when we last spoke you offered me some counsel allow me to return the courtesy... bend the knee my Lord. Bend me and swear loyalty to my son and we shall allow you to live out the rest of your days at the great waste you call home.'

''Your son has no claim to the throne.' Ned said

'LIAR!' Joffrey screamed

'You condemn yourself with your own mouth lord stark. Ser barriston seize him. This traitor-' cersei demanded.

'Sir Barristion is a good man do not harm him.' Ned said as his men stepped forward.

'Do you think he stands alone?' Cersei questioned as her guard step forward as well.

'Kill him.' Joffrey shouted 'kill him and kill them all I command it!' Sandor like a good dog drew his blade stepping forward with the rest of the knights. 

'Commander.' Ned said 'take the queen and her children into custody. Take them back to their Royal Apartments and keep them there under guard.'

'Unbelievable,' cersei muttered.

'I want no bloodshed no bloodshed,' ned repeated, 'so tell your men to lay down their swords no one needs to die.'"

It all happened so quickly. Ned was right. The men were almost evenly numbered. Choas ensured. What had he done? But cersei was grabbed and her guards stood down for the sale of cerseis safety. Ned was baffled his plan had worked.

Renly wasnt going to stop at Just Cersei and her bastards he instructed them to follow Roberts orders, every last lannister. 

They didnt just come after Cersei and the children, they came after Tyanna and her children, even though they had nothing to do with it.

Tysha screamed out as she was grabbed, Tyanna tensed reaching for her children. Flustered and confused as they were thrown into a cell.

"We lost." Cersei whimpered. Tyanna's bloodshot eyes stared back at her sister as her children shook in her arms. 

"You are right, but the war isnt over yet." Tyanna countered. "I need to talk to Ned."

"Are you fucking serious?" Cersei seethed. 

"Trust me, I dont trust that man anymore. We have bad blood." Tyanna assured. "But I need to look him in the eyes and let him know that the power of the Lion is coming for him..."

Sandor came that night, Tyanna stared up at him silently. He passed some water and food through the bars which she gave to her children, they ate and drank and sandor shoved his cloak through the bars, Tyanna wrapped it around herself and the children. 

Next he put some parchment, ink and quill before her. She didnt understand. 

"Call upon your father." Sandor suggested. "He will get you out." Tyanna nodded and quickly got to work. Tyanna wrote a few ravens, he sent them out wordlessly. Now all they had to do was wait while their blood boiled.