18: c u p c a k e s

Start from the beginning

I lower my face to Lina's ears, "I think she's pissed about the motorbike thing."

"You think?!" My mother yells, throwing papers at my chest.

I hold the papers, inspecting them. Lina wraps her hand around my bicep. "Damn. Look at me. I look so hot. They even got my side prof—"

"Jesus Christ."

"Catalina, you are insane if you think I give a shit about you and Nicolas. I don't. I'm not your dad. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Who the fuck said I want her hurt?!" Leo gasps, staring at Isabella in absolute horror. "I meant the Nico thing." She mutters, rolling her eyes.

"Oh yeah. I hate him." Leo nods, leaning against the counter next to me. He stretches his arms in attempt to reach for a knife.

He drapes an arm over my shoulder, holding the knife near me.

"Leo!" My mother and Isabella yell at the same time.

"Guys, violence is never the answer." My dad curses under his breath, staring at everyone in horror.

"You're just friends right?" He asks, holding the knife to my pulse.

"Hey, this is a little kinky don't ya think?" I whisper lowly, starting at Leo with a smile.

I hear Lina snort beside me.

He drops the knife to the floor, closing his eyes. He takes a deep breath, like the one you take when you wanna kill someone. You know?

"I think you're growing grey hairs." I joke, squinting my eyes to set the point.

"We'll talk later." Isabella grabs Leo's wrist, pulling him behind her while he curses me and threatens to ruin my life.

"I think I'm affecting you." A grin spreads across Lina's face.

...

"You fucking dumbass, you add the flour first!" Lina lets out a scoff, shoving my stomach.

Our parents left to get some "air" or whatever. They even took dahlia with them.

Like what are you on about? Can't you breathe the air that we breathe? Are we toxic? Okay, Lina? A little. Me? No.

"You're cute when your mad." I say, knowing that I'm going to get killed for calling her cute.

She grabs a butter knife, pointing it against my chest. "Excuse me?" Her jaw clenches. It's definitely gonna lock one day.

"Damn. Mommy." I exhale a breath, fighting back my smirk.

Lina drops the knife on the counter, turning her head away from me. "Nicolas, shut the fuck up. Never say that ever again." She warns, cracking the eggs into the bowl.

We're making cupcakes if you didn't catch on.

"Why?" I tease in a low voice, standing behind her.

I wrap my hand around her throat from behind, lowering my face to her ear. "Does it turn you on sweetheart?" I rasp, giving her throat a light squeeze.