TWENTY-TWO

The group, excluding Zoro who is quite a few steps behind, enter a massive closet, clothes for all genders, heights and sizes hung inside it.

"Bloody hell.." Shiori looks around, then chuckles to herself "okay Ron Weasley."

"Totally." Nami agrees, although having no idea who 'Ron Weasley' is, and immediately starts scavenging for the perfect outfit for herself and her friends.

Luffy flops backwards onto a seat in the middle of the room, "why would anyone even need this many clothes?"

Nami's expression sours momentarily, remembering her hosts are unnecessarily rich, "It's not about need with these people. It's about want."

The boy sits up, looking around at the vast amount of outfits covering the walls, "what are we even supposed to wear?"

"Anything you want." Nami sighs, "when are you ever going to get the opportunity to wear things this nice?" The ginger steps out from her changing area, a beautiful dress complimenting her. "What do you think?"

"I'm single by the way." Shiori giggles quietly, hiding her face.

"You look like Nami." Luffy shrugs, unsure what else he should be saying.

The proud girl's smile falls, and she walks back into the changing area without a word.

Shiori smacks her curly friend's shoulder, throwing a glare at him when he looks towards her with hurt.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way!" He frowns.

Footsteps are heard getting near, then a familiar face appears outside the door.

"Hey Zoro!" Luffy shouts, "what you gonna wear?"

Zoro walks in, shooting a look towards Shiori to see if she has changed yet, which she hasn't. The boy has been hoping to match with her, showing their new company how close their bond is, yet since she is not in an outfit yet, and asking would be too awkward, he went for the second best option.

"Something black."

"Cut my life into pieces! This is my last resort!" Shiori whisper sings to the boy sitting next to her, who grins.

"How edgy." Nami mutters.

"Hey, does that butler seem familiar to you guys?" Zoro paced, not wanting his suspicions to make him look bad.

"Yeah i think he was at the last dinner party I attended." The ginger pokes her head out, still changing.

"That's sarcasm by the way Zobro." Shiori points out, the boy nodding to her with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Er- yeah. I swear I've seen him somewhere." Zoro flops down into a chair after removing his swords off his back.

"How's this?" Nami steps out, a new outfit adorning her figure.

"Still Nami." Luffy shakes his head quickly, confused.

"I said I'm wearing black." The green haired mutters, "so is Shiori. That'll be three out of four of us wearing black if you wear it."

"Hey, no, that's okay!" Shiori interjects, not wanting her female friend's feelings to be hurt, "I can wear a different colour!"

Zoro scoffs, turning away in an attempt to guilt the younger, "I thought we were best friends? Best friends match."

"Oh." Is all he gets in reply.

Nami's fists clench tightly, turning white, "I hate you guys." She goes to search for another outfit.

"I feel kind of bad for Kaya." Luffy starts his speech of the day, "all this stuff, all this space. It's gotta make a person feel.. lonely."

"Rich people don't have the same emotions we do. This stuff doesn't make her feel lonely. It makes her feel important." Nami's dislike of the rich is visible, everything she says about them being negative.

"She can just buy friends if she wants to anyway." Shiori agreed with her friend's opinions, thinking having all these clothes was a bit excessive.

"Well! Usopp likes her." Luffy pauses after seeing the frown on Shiori's face, although she quickly covers it, "And she invited us to dinner.. I'm sure we can work out a way to get that ship."

"No way. Rich people don't stay rich by giving things away." Nami murmurs.

"Your wanna bet?" 

A grin is shown on the thief's face, her search for an outfit getting interrupted by something she deemed much more important. "What are the terms?"

"I bet i can convince Kaya to give us that ship."

"And when you can't?"

"We go with your plan. Steal one and move on."

The two shake on their deal, Shiori rolling her eyes at the lack of morals included.

Nami spots an outfit hung up, taking it out to examine it before throwing it at Zoro, who catches it without a flinch.

He holds it up, looking at it blankly, although slight adoration can be seen when looking closely, "nice."

Not many words are exchanged after that ordeal, Zoro and Nami getting changed into their respective outfits, while Shiori helps Luffy find his own.

While the three are finishing, Shiori has only just found her outfit, a black, floor length dress with gloves to match.

//

Shiori steps out of the changing area, her friends looking up ready to leave, but stop in their tracks.

Zoro gazes silently at the girl, although anyone could be able to see the affection in his eyes.

Nami is in a similar state, not being able to find the words to express her amazement.

Luffy however, voices his thoughts, his eyes crinkled from his smile, "God damn girl! I don't even want Zoro anymore!"

"What a pity." Zoro rolls his eyes, sarcasm dripping off his tone.

"Zoro, my honey poochy baby muffin pie, it was just a joke, honestly!"

A/n
This is how I imagine Shiori's outfit, but you can imagine it however (sorry it's a bit blurry + it also looks a bit awkward if you're not on dark mode)

A/n This is how I imagine Shiori's outfit, but you can imagine it however (sorry it's a bit blurry + it also looks a bit awkward if you're not on dark mode)