TWENTY

"I've never seen a house this big before." Luffy and Usopp walk ahead, the two having already formed a friendship.

"Impressive right? Kaya's given me an open invitation to drop by anytime I want."

Shiori rolls her eyes, thinking this 'Kaya' is being overhyped. Her captain thought otherwise though.

"Wow. All of this just for one person?"

"Well, she lives here with her butler and a few other staff."

The two boys messed around, sticking their heads into a well and making noises.

"Money really shows you who people truly are." Nami spoke with distaste, "most people only care about themselves and what's theirs."

"Sounds like someone I know." Zoro confronts, which is ignored.

"And a small staff makes for easy pickings."

"Nami, do you really want to steal from a person that's gonna help us?" As much as Shiori already doesn't like the stranger, she is helping them and she will be grateful for it.

"Maybe." The girl looks at her surroundings, smiling at the thought of all the treasures hidden away inside the large building.

//

"So, if you have an invitation, why are we going around the back way?" Luffy voices his suspicions, ones that the rest of the group has also been thinking.

"Oh I never use the front entrance. This is more of a VIP entrance reserved for special guests."

Usopp was pausing every so often in his sentences, a habit Shiori knew he unconsciously did when lying. Like most people, she doesn't like confrontation, and chooses to remain quiet.

Zoro obviously has no problems with confrontation, immediately speaking of his doubts, "This guys full of shit."

Shiori jabs the swordsman's side with her elbow, looking frantically at Usopp to see if he heard, which it looks like he didn't.

"Ow." Zoro frowns dramatically.

"Shut up that didn't hurt."

"It hurt my feelings."

"As long as he gets us inside the house, who cares?" Nami cuts in, dragging Shiori forward to walk beside her so she can't injure Zoro anymore.

The original leader of the group stopped suddenly and turns around, confusing Luffy who's only a few steps behind.

"Oops. You know, there's actually a more exclusive entrance this way." He breathes, but unexpectedly a pair of garden scissors are chucked his way, making him gasp.

"The hell are you doing here, Usopp." The attacker, who is a large man with an unusual haircut, walks towards them, threateningly.

"Buchi, buddy, uh Kaya's expecting me." The questioned boy quips.

"Another one of your lies." The man grabs Usopp by the shirt, holding him close to his face, " you ain't welcome here and you know it."

"I can sense a bit of tension here.. enemies to lovers?" Shiori whispers to Zoro who is standing protectively beside her, as they seem to have been dragged into a dangerous situation.

The green haired simply nods, not wanting to be rude and stay silent even though he had no idea what he should say to that statement, after it came out of nowhere.

Usopp keeps his composure, despite being manhandled by someone double his size, "i know nothing of the sort. I'm here to give Kaya an extra special gift."

"Usopp!" A feminine voice exclaims cheerfully.