1.6𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Začít od začátku

Liam walked the rest of the way home without his smile.

𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼

Zayn's entire body pulsed. He stood in the library by the bookshelf for what felt like hours, repeating Liam's reaction.

The human had stumbled on his words, blushed hard with embarrassment, and almost tripped over the couch.

All Zayn could see was the smile he had given him before saying thank you. Zayn placed a hand over his heart. Liam struggled to reach a shelf that Zayn didn't even have to go onto tiptoes to touch. Zayn almost keeled over from his cuteness, and Zayn never found anything cute.

He scrunched his eyes and shook his head. What am I doing? Zayn jolted his legs into action and stormed out of the library. He looked left and right at the bottom of the steps. His mate had gone, but Zayn could follow the scent.

He loitered on the steps once more, wanting to follow the human, but not wanting to stay out for too long to make his mother suspicious. If Zayn followed the human back to his house, he worried that he would draw attention to himself. Zayn couldn't risk anyone coming after his mate, not before anything even started.

Zayn walked down the road with his head down. If, Zayn, if anything starts between us. Now he had seen him and been in the presence of the human, his wolf wanted him more than anything else. Zayn didn't know if it was possible to stay away. At first, he thought he would be able to get over it.

Yet he stood alone in Ethdellin Town after seeking the human out by his smell and watched him from afar. Great. Now I'm a bloody creep.

Zayn stormed down the street and instead of turning the corner where his mate's scent went, he returned to the woods, shifted into his brown wolf with black patches, and returned to the institute.

𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼

Zayn woke up with a scowl. His tired eyes trailed up the person standing over him with crossed arms.

"Mother" he growled, "Fuck off!"

"Zayn Malik. Your language is disgusting. Direct that word at me one more time, then see what happens."

Zayn turned around and pulled the cushion over
his head. His mother yanked it away and threw it
across the room.

"Where did you go last night?" Solana asked.

"For a run," Zayn mumbled. His head was suddenly
busy with the human's brown eyes. His heart parkoured around his chest. Zayn was glad to have sunken under his duvet so his mother couldn't see the scowl softening. Or his lips trembling towards a smile. A smile was something he never showed and something so rare, he would have better luck finding a unicorn.

"Why did you cancel the hunt?"

"Why do you care?"

"I care because you're Alpha. You can't just cancel plans and shut your pack out."

"They're not my pack."

"They are now." Solana ripped the duvet from the bed and pulled on his arm. "Get up, eat breakfast with them, train with them, reconnect."

Zayn didn't move and his mother lifted her arms with frustration. "Because I swear, if I hear Jaiden complain about you missing training one more time-"

"He does what?" Zayn leapt out of bed immediately.

Solana grinned. "I knew that would work." She turned, her grey hair whipping round in her ponytail, and marched out of his room.