Part 23: Lights Down Low

Warnings: Smutty smut, unprotected piv, oral (fem receiving), riding, teasing (it's Jake... he's a tease and a talker), brief moment of scar insecurity, very little plot but meh, lmk if I missed anything

*My first attempt at posting/writing smut... please be nice!*

Tears pricked at her eyes and Bear grabbed his arm

Tears pricked at her eyes and Bear grabbed his arm. "Come in. Please." A reunion that she had been both looking forward to and dreading at the same time was happening now. She was still emotionally fraught from her conversation with Bug and the feelings that had sprouted while talking and training with her team. So this... this would be hard.

Jake swallowed thickly, nodding quickly as he let her lead him into the house. Seeing her face, the very same one that had soothed and haunted his dreams over the long months, was like a punch to the stomach. "Teddy I..."

"Jake..."

"Sorry." They both said in unison, small chuckles erupting as they stood awkwardly in the entryway of her home.

"I missed you," Bear whispered. "I wanted to call you so many times, but I couldn't." Her heart broke at the sadness that overtook his face as her words made their impact. "They wouldn't let me."

"I missed you too." His voice was quiet, watching her face flicker between so many indistinguishable emotions that it would take him hours to figure out a single one. "I thought about you everyday."

A bittersweet smile overtook the current look of regret that was tattooed on her face as Bear looked up at his face. In all the time she had spent with him, every second spent curled up in his arms, every kiss shared, Jake had never once looked at her the way he did now. She didn't know what was going on in his head, but whatever it was had him scanning every inch of her face as he searched for something. "I wanted to see you," Bear said lamely, her bottom lip drawn between her teeth.

Why was she nervous? That's what Jake wanted to know. Every part of his brain and heart were screaming at him to move. To take her in his arms and never let her go. To make her his, in whatever way he could. But despite all that, his feet wouldn't move. He was stuck still with a misplaced sense of fear, because what if after those five months she had realized that it had just been a trauma bond? What if she realized that Rooster was right?

"Jake?" Her voice was distant, coming closer as Bear stepped up to him, her hand coming up to cradle his jaw. His eyes fluttered shut as he leaned into her touch, savoring the warmth of her skin on his own. "Jake, honey. Look at me."

And when he did, everything seemed to fall into place. Green eyes met brown, like they had so many times since meeting, but now, now the air around seemed different. "There you are," Bear said softly, thumb brushing a stray tear that had fallen down his cheek without his noticing. "My Flyboy."

"Teddy..."

Jake reached out, placing a hand on her ribs and reeling her close, chuckling as she had to steady herself against his chest. Bear had longed to be in his arms the moment she had left them, desired this feeling late at night when she couldn't sleep. His warmth washed over her, easing the chill deep in her soul. Jake was here.