Part 16: Mark My Words

Warnings: blood, descriptions of death, death threats, discussion of wounds, mention of stitches, passing out, mentions of torture, discussion of infection, killing, basically a lot of death/death adjacent stuff

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Bear waited until the lone man arrived to bring her food and water to put her plan into action. She would eat the meager food they brought her, drink the water, and slowly psych herself up for the fight that was going to come. The fight that she would bring to them. Sure she was the first and only Navy Seal to ever be captured, but they would remember her as the one who came back looking like she'd dragged every last devil back through Hell with her.

She clutched the key in her hand, waiting for her moment. It came minutes later when the man came back to cuff her again. Bear didn't let him get that far. The minute he got close enough to her, Bear pulled herself up. Her hands found purchase against the chains holding her inches off the ground and she pulled. Hard. Her muscles screamed as she forced herself up into the air, her thighs wrapping around his head and she squeezed tightly.

He thrashed, clawing at her legs as he fought desperately for breath, but Bear was determined. She clenched the muscles tighter, forcing the air he craved to remain trapped in his throat as he struggled against her grip. Bear's body was begging her to stop, to let him go, but her will was stronger than the pain flaring in her mind and she held him there until the insurgent slumped against her leg unconscious.

A soft thump was the only noise that came from her cell as she let his body drop to the floor. Lowering her legs sent fire through her nerves and Bear had to do so in intervals as she tried not to cry out from the toll her body was unwillingly paying.

The key. This was her next move. Bear's mind was solely focused on getting free. Nothing else mattered right now. It was like her movements had been listed down: Lower legs. Catch breath. Unlock cuffs. Get Amir. Get out. That list echoed in her head in the same tattoo of her heart beat in her ears. This was it.

Her arm moved stiltedly, stiff from her lack of movement and aching from her feat of strength not moments ago, but Bear grit her teeth and carefully brought the key close to the lock on the other cuff.

But it fumbled in her palms and Bear swore silently. Dropping that key would be a death sentence for not just her, but also Amir. That little boy risked his life for her and she would not do him a disservice and die before she got him out. Slowing a little, she tried again, this time she was successful in unlocking the cuff, sliding to the floor as the chains clinked above her seated form

Everything hurt. Her body, her mind, and everything in between. Even breathing deeply pulled at barely-formed scabs over her ribs and abdomen, but if Bear had been able to block out the savagery that had to endure for her to be wounded in this way, then she could do her best to dull the pain. She could worry about it later, when she was safe or when she was dead. Either way, Bear had nothing left to lose and everything, her freedom included, to gain.

A Gun Amongst Daggersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें