Part 4: Guess Who?

Warnings: swearing, mentions of death, terrorism, bombings, cyber attacks

Early in the morning, alarms in multiple homes, dorms, and other living arrangements went off

Early in the morning, alarms in multiple homes, dorms, and other living arrangements went off. Most were those belonging to Navy Seals. The rest being those of the Dagger Squadron, who were awake bright and early for a debriefing that would provide details as to their next mission.

Jake shut the alarm off and got up. He was excited for this debriefing, mission assists like this were always something that he had enjoyed. Especially one this secret. The Daggers knew nothing of what they were deploying into, something that only happened if and when whatever was to take place was a mission of the utmost secrecy. He showered, dressed in his flight suit, before traipsing downstairs for something to eat. Minutes later, he left. Jake met up with Bob and Payback when he got to base, the three of them chatting among themselves as they made their way to the meeting room.

Bear, on the other hand, hit snooze and rolled over. She hated mornings. Always had. But ten minutes later, the alarm went off again and despite her desire to sleep in, she knew that this was a meeting that she absolutely could not miss. She had been up late pulling files and compiling information for the debriefing today and only late last night had she been informed that Seal Team 3 and the Dagger pilots would be working together. The thought of that alone made her want to bury herself under the covers. But she persevered and flung the covers off, showered, got dressed, ate, and departed for the base. She knew that she would be a little later than anticipated, but the meeting couldn't start without her.

Meanwhile, the pilots had crammed themselves into the meeting room where Maverick had directed them. What they weren't expecting was a group of six to walk through the door and take seats on the opposite side of the room from them. "Ummm...we actually have this room," Fanboy spoke up, glancing curiously around the small space. "We have a debriefing."

"What a coincidence. We also have this room," a small Indian woman in the corner replied sharply, eyes narrowed in challenge. The others around her bristled, ready if one of the pilots stepped up to them.

Maverick took this moment to walk in, folders in hand. "Morning." He had heard the posturing through the open door and figured that if he didn't want to end up filling out numerous incident reports, he'd better get in the room quickly.

No response. The tension was palpable, pilots and Seals glaring at one another, neither willing to back down.

"I'm fairly certain that when someone of a higher rank says good morning, you give them a reply, Bug," a familiar voice rang out as Bear walked in. She met the stunned looks of the pilots with a wink, grinning a little at how most of the people in the room backed down as she entered. Hangman's reaction in particular made her laugh. He sat back down, giving her a tight smile. Shaking her head in amusement, Bear closed the door behind her.

"Sorry Commander," the woman who had spoken earlier replied. "Good morning, Captain Mitchell."

Maverick just nodded, smiling to himself. "Good morning. Thank you to you and your team for taking the time to meet with us, Commander."