Part 5: Flyboy On My Mind

Warnings: swearing, mentions of death (it's a training exercise, so not really), guns of the paintball variety, 'hostage taking'

Because Bear was nice, she gave her people the day to complete the intel searches and paperwork that was necessary for the mission

Because Bear was nice, she gave her people the day to complete the intel searches and paperwork that was necessary for the mission. But she didn't account for the Dagger pilots catching up to them and spending the next hour chatting and exchanging stories. "Bear, you good?" Bug asked, nudging her Commander in the side.

"Hmmm? Oh yeah, I'm fine," Bear said, checking her watch. "Just keeping an eye on the time. We have dark training tonight, so I hope that y'all get to your paperwork soon." She shared a grin with her second, knowing full well how shitty late night dark training could get.

"Aww come on Bear!" Hangman's complaint rose above the din of the group. "Let them have some fun."

The woman just raised an eyebrow before replying. "Last time I checked, you pilots had paperwork too. Or did you forget?" There was a playful edge to her voice, one that teased yet still commanded.

"We do, but Mav gave us the day to finish it," Fanboy chimed in, peeking around Coyote to be seen and heard.

"Mav also gave permission for you to help us in a few drills over the next few weeks. Ones that require your active participation."

A groan rose from the pilots, interweaving with the snickers from her Seals. It made her smile, watching her team get along with the pilots. And if she was being honest, the view wasn't terrible. The sunlight glinted off of muscular, toned arms and shoulders, and to her, one pilot was set apart from the others. The light turned his blond hair into something resembling spun gold, green eyes no longer hidden behind sunglasses that had slid down his nose. The man had a reason to be cocky, Bear thought as she stood and observed. But this was not the time, nor the place for that. "Team 3, say your goodbyes. We will see the pilots tonight, at 2100," she spoke, eyes glinting in amusement behind her own sunglasses.

Hangman maintained his eye contact with the Seal Team Commander. He'd caught her staring and shot her a wink in response. All the response he received came from a crooked smirk and the woman uncrossing her arms to usher her team away. "Damn..." he muttered as he followed her retreating figure.

"Like what you see?" Coyote teased, clapping his friend on the back. "You might have a staring problem."

Jake huffed. "Can you blame me? Look at her."

Phoenix cleared her throat, making Jake freeze. "Really? This woman just handled a meeting like a fucking boss, has excellent control over her team, but is also extremely fair and is genuinely a decent person. And your dumbass is like 'she's hot'?" The woman in front of him shook her head in disappointment. "You're lucky that I found my forever girl, otherwise you'd have some serious competition, Bagman."

Bear wasn't quite out of earshot when Phoenix tore into Hangman, making her snicker. "Take them to the room we're usually in, Bug. I have a flyboy to straighten out," she remarked with a mischievous grin.