Part 11: Operation Hellfire

Warnings: DEATH and lots of it, explosions, guns, descriptions of dead bodies (not graphic but enough of a mention), blood, knives, stab wounds, fighting, missiles, bombs and bombing, downed plane, probably really terrible descriptions of military movements (I am not American or have any military connections, don't fight me)

The sky had darkened considerably as Bear checked her gear again. Her mask had slid back into place and she watched with keen eyes as her platoons assembled in front of her. One platoon was staying back as reserve, Fireball having volunteered to fill that position. "Allows me to listen to what the recon teams are saying," he'd told her.

A sharp gaze swept over the people before her, and Bear couldn't help but grin a little. They had trained for this and she knew that they had one hell of a group for aerial and terrain backup if needed, but she was still uneasy. The same feeling had been bouncing around in her head since they'd arrived in Riyadh and she was over it. All she could do was push it away for now, but not so far back that it would be forgotten. "So, does everyone have everything?" Bear shouted.

"Yes ma'am!"

"You all know your roles?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"Do you have any last minute questions to ask?"

"No!"

Bear clapped her hands together, the sound echoing off the buildings next to them. "Alright then. Load it up. We move in 10. Move your asses. Let's go."

The sudden flurry of movement made the pilots dizzy. People streamed back and forth between the choppers and supply bags, loading extra gear into the back of an armored vehicle, and in the middle, stood Bear who seemed unfazed by the chaos surrounding her. She had become the eye of the storm, making it seem like you had to fight like hell to get close and she'd make you fight for every step to escape her pull. It made her dangerous, and if you were a certain blond aviator, beautiful. This was the first time the pilots saw her in action. Sure they'd seen her fight and command her team, but watching her lead her team before an operation came as a surprise to them all. "Damn," Fanboy whistled under his breath. "This is some serious shit."

Sounds of agreement were heard around the WSO as they all watched Bear supervise her team. "Should we help?" Rooster asked, glancing around.

"Bear is pretty particular," Hangman told them. "She might get mad if we try to get involved. We should probably stay out of it."

"And you would know how?" Phoenix questioned him, grinning as the tips of his ears pinked.

Jake said nothing, knowing full well that anything he said would only give Phoenix more material to tease him with.

Bob nudged him gently. "It's going to be okay. We have the easy part," he tried reassuringly, but quickly added afterwards "Bear is a professional. Trust her to do what's right."