Part 3: Intel

Warnings: swearing, mentions of death, some sexism (they definitely get set straight though!)

"I saw that Sir. New intel on al-Hameed's location?"

"Yep," he replied. "Satellite imaging confirmed his arrival outside Ash Shamli. Khrushov and Osmund are him."

Bear blinked in surprise. "Khrushov? Like Mikael Khrushov? The arms dealer?"

Harris nodded. "The very same. Air Force radar in Riyadh noted al-Hameed's presence two days ago in Saudi." He paused, grabbing a file off of his desk and began to flip through it. "It's estimated that the pair and their entourages will be in Saudi Arabia for the foreseeable future as Khrushov is now wanted in Belarus as well as Central and Eastern Europe on several charges of arms dealing, terrorism plots, and more. Osmund, on the other hand, is wanted in over 20 countries for theft of government secrets and is behind several data leaks from major foreign governments."

"So what does this mean for us?" Bear asked. Scenarios were running through her mind, possible alterations to their plans, supplies, and personnel were now at the forefront. "Will this be a collaboration with the Air Force? Because you know my history with them, Sir."

"As of now, Commander, we have very little information on what this means. All I can advise you and your team to do is prepare for a joint operation. Extra weapons drills, covert training, the works," Shark told her, his face grim. "I am assigning your team a detonation expert in the likelihood of you needing them."

Bear just nodded, her face schooled into the most neutral look she could muster. "One more question. You mentioned a joint operation, who is joining us?"

Rear Admiral Harris nodded. "That is true. The USS Abraham Lincoln is heading out in a few weeks. I believe that Busan is their destination. Our inland target of, well...I trust you to fill everyone in at the meeting tomorrow." He paused, fingers tapping on the desk in front of him. "Long story short, we have incoming air support to help us with a few fly overs. They have their own mission, but Admiral Simpson has okayed a squadron as backup for a brief interval while we do extra recon and then again as air support."

She blinked. "Sir, pardon the question. But are we sure that's wise? Riyadh is a US Air Force base. Navy pilots and the Air Force don't get along. I'd rather not be caught up in the middle of a military pissing contest." Bear made eye contact with Rear Admiral Harris and saw that arguing was futile. "I will make plans to speak with the officer in charge asap, Sir. After the meeting tomorrow."

"See to it that you do, Commander. You have always yielded results, I see no reason for you to disappoint me. You are dismissed." Harris waved her off as he returned to his paperwork, leaving Bear to retreat from the office.

As she walked off, it felt like her thoughts had been out through a blender. They were scrambled and whirling out of control, but for right now, there was nothing to be done. So she put them aside for the moment and hurried to her car, tossing her stuff inside and heading off to the bar where she would meet Phoenix. God she needed a distraction.