Chapter 35 - Business Card

Start from the beginning

"He is such a petty-"

Banging from the front door cuts her off before she gets to call our father a bitch. I do wonder though what she means by petty.

"Are you expecting anyone?" Catalina looks at me in confusion.

I shake my head as there is more banging. Cat lives in a private community and she has guards and a strong security system, I'm sure it can't be anyone we don't know.

I watch her stand, taking the knife she was using, and I follow her out the dining room. She motions for me to stay behind her as she goes to the door and slightly opens it. Cat then sighs and fully opens it before stepping out the way.

Eric appears, he looks pissed off and relieved at the same time when he sees me. He immediately walks toward me, pulling me tightly into his arms and kissing my head.

I am now the one to be confused as I look at my sister who doesn't seem too pleased with my husband's presence.

"Thank God, you're okay." His words are quiet but full of so much relief.

He pulls away from me as I feel more confused on what he could be talking about. My confusion leaves when he tries to kiss me on the lips, and I move my head in time for the kiss to land on my cheek.

"Good evening, Catalina." He looks at my sister who is trying to hide a smile. She finds my rejection toward him funny.

"Good evening." She responds, closing the huge front door to her house.

"Where is Dahlia?" He questions taking a strand of my hair around his finger.

"Sleeping." I reply coldly pulling my hair away from him.

"I need to talk to you." He glances over at Cat. "Alone."

A tight-lipped smile appears on my sister's lips. She looks at me for approval and I slightly nod.

"I'll go finish my dinner." She excuses herself and immediately leaves.

Eric stands even closer in front of me. There is a smile on his face but it's a pissed off one. I have a feeling of what this might be about.

"What the hell were you thinking when you decided to burn down our home?" He takes one of my hands in both of his.

"It's your home and I didn't want to live there anymore." I reply with no shame or any intent to hide the fact that I did it.

"You could have just told me that. We would have looked for a new home." He angrily tells me, trying to keep his voice down.

"You committed a fucking crime, Lucia. You're lucky that I have some of the best lawyers and you're also lucky that you didn't get hurt." He pulls me into him, his arms tightly wrapped around my waist.

I try to push him away but I just don't have the strength. "Let go of me."

"Do you know how insane I would go if you got hurt or even died? You already drive me crazy now so imagine the things I would do if you were to leave me in that way." His stupid words give me that extra strength to push him away from me.

"You're fucking crazy and so stupid." He harshly tells me.

"I'm the crazy and stupid one?" I humorlessly smile.

"You're the one who has this stupid obsession with me thinking that it will get you anywhere." My words cause him to chuckle.

"It's not an obsession it's called love, but you wouldn't know what that is because you were too busy whoring around instead of trying to love me." I raise my hand to slap him because I am tired of his insults, but he immediately takes a tight hold of my wrist.