30. Good and bad surprise

"There is opportunity for everyone, caste doesn't change that. The only thing caste does, is which hall they will be placed in" Namjoon leans back from the door frame. He got tired of waiting inside the car. Jimin sometimes takes too long to finish his lesson. "There are candidates spectacular in attitude, but their genetic material is not so good. You have to look for a balance. Usually, there is more likely to be a good baby, a male, if we put together a low caste with not so special genetic material."

"What about a fusion like you and the general?" a girl points out and Jimin turns abruptly. Namjoon waves a hand.

"Someone noticed me, unlike whoever is teaching your class." Jimin turns red.

"Sorry, I missed the time and they wanted to know about it... I guess it'll be better tomorrow." Jimin concludes with an awkward smile and the room laughs along with him. "Remember to bring all the homework I left you last week. You had plenty of time to complete it and I don't see any marking you have to spend that much time with." He ironizes starting to erase the blackboard.

"They're too many numbers, sonsengnim." complains one student.

"That I taught them to solve. I expect a beautiful workbook. Tan-tan." he dismisses cynically and there are complaints in the background. Namjoon doesn't want to imagine what those assignments have been like. There is a loud pause.

"So-songsenim-"

"Careful, careful."

"Would you like us to bring you a bag? Maybe the garbage can, water-"

"I'm fine, I'm fine."

Namjoon rushes over to go get him. Being that Jimin almost falls down, the fault of dizziness. He puts a hand on his forehead and suddenly, he detects the strong scent coming from him. He furrows his brow. The last time Jimin got dizzy like this, it's because he was pregnant, the question simply escapes him:

"Did you get pregnant from last time?"

There are some exclamations and small feasts. Jimin looks around and then at Namjoon. Actually, he has no idea. With the uncertainty and the students talking about it, they went to Jin's office. Thirty minutes later, it turned into a huge party to celebrate that he is indeed expecting a baby.

. . .

"Wow, who would think it's your room."

Jimin laughs, a little shy about Namjoon being in his old room. There's still no other Holy Grace, so there's no one occupying it who wants to change the huge murals made by Jimin. Namjoon is engaged in interpreting the long illustrated story that Jimin put up. It seems that a mermaid fell in love with a boy, having little experiences together. Giving each other gifts, showing each other animals, giving each other kisses and ending up in sleeping the two of them together on the shore, where their worlds connect.

"Were you in love with anyone as a child?" asks Namjoon curious. "I remember falling in love with my mom...when I was about eleven. My dad was always very absent. He also put it in my head that I should have a woman when I was a successful, high-ranking soldier" he narrates with his hands behind his back and following the paint strokes. "I forgot about that with so many things to do."

"I fell in love with Jin. It was pretty silly." He shrugs.

"Ummm" Namjoon finishes in front of him. "This time it will be born" It doesn't seem like it needs to be said, but considered that the first one is gone, Jimin needs this specific certainty. "I'll keep Jackson with you. Let him be your escort. Regardless of the problem, when I'm gone, you'll be accompanied and you'll be fine."

"And you... Are you happy with that? Having a baby."

"Of course I am," Namjoon smiles wide and excited, Jimin shivers in place. "I hope it's a redhead. It would be pretty funny if it looks like you. Very cute." states Namjoon dropping his head to the side.